Rob Zombie Directing New "Munsters" Movie

BuffaloKyle
This topic is 882 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 2 weeks later...

The track record of old sitcoms that have translated well to movies is pretty spotty.  I'd be apprehensive of this project until I saw something about the casting.  Honestly I can't even imagine who would be ideal for the roles.  The Addams family movie worked mostly because the casting was so good for most of the characters, especially Julia (RIP), Huston, and Ricci.

The "immigrant fish-out-of-water" tropes the original series played against will also resonate completely differently now, so hopefully Rob Zombie will try to get a script that does it well instead of resorting to simple fanservice.

We'll see.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2021 at 2:10 PM, BuffaloKyle said:

I scrolled through some photos.  This reboot seems to be missing the joy of the original series.  Why are all of their faces made up to make them look like they are scowling?

• 1 month later...
On 10/28/2021 at 6:10 PM, maninsoma said:

I scrolled through some photos.  This reboot seems to be missing the joy of the original series.  Why are all of their faces made up to make them look like they are scowling?

I’m not sensing the campy fun of gruesome and haunting here… definitely feel something “morbid”  about it~ No worries if it’s missing the humor and goes for the shock value creepster gore~ heavy and dark might be top shelf all in its own~
 Kind of like 1960’s Batman vs 2000’s batmen: sometimes the richness of characters and their cultural value can be seen when this opposing personas are out there to compare~ 
 Many of the 60’s Super heroes were “lite”/light hearted despite some deeper, (but, not blatant), angst and disparity~ 

As media evolved so did the characters and their dark, twisted, evil potential and Psychoses stepped forward while their humor took a back seat~ For that we had to buy budget theater tickets to Masters of the  Universe and Dead Pool~ Darkly emotional as Dead Pool has been, the character is also a master of not only tickling our fancy with handsome features but, tickling the funny bone with his flippant sexuality and caddy self honesty~