Wrigley Field/Chicago

rackes
This topic is 1022 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

8 hours ago, mike carey said:

Even without knowing the distances and transit options involved (and @Nakedchihas talked about those) I would have thought that the available air fares would have been the biggest criterion, and ORD the most likely airport to use.

For the longest time, Southwest, a low cost carrier, exclusively flew in and out of MDW.  However, they recently began to schedule flights (from/to, I don’t know) in and out of ORD.  Sounds like they want to take on the big boys United and American.

10 hours ago, mike carey said:

Even without knowing the distances and transit options involved (and @Nakedchihas talked about those) I would have thought that the available air fares would have been the biggest criterion, and ORD the most likely airport to use.

Although Wrigley Field is on Addison Street on North Side and one can take the Blue Line from O'Hare to Addison Street, it is easier to get to from Midway. Simply take the Orange Line to State/Lake, go downstairs to the Red Line, and take the Red Line to Addison. If you take the Blue Line from O'Hare, you get to experience the joy of riding the crowded 152-Addison CTA bus down two-lane Addison Street. I don't recommend this approach with luggage. Or without luggage. 

PS: If you think taking a taxi or Uber/Lyft is a better option, make sure you take your Valium. It's gonna be a loooooong ride. 

• 1 month later...