Atlanta 411

andymn
This topic is 1046 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

1 hour ago, Leo Hammond said:

Thanks for info, I’ve always enjoyed SR on my visits to Atlanta. Based on other posts, it appears a visit may be a waste of time.

I'd still go to both, especially if you aren't a resident of Atlanta.....SR is still, well, SR, possibly the best club of its kind in the US (is that not saying much??!!).......stay a little late, don't go too early in the week......BJs is much smaller and not as busy, usually.....both have pros and cons  

BJ Roosters is my go to bar when I’m down in ATL even before they moved to their current location. However Swinging Richards is a destination in of itself… Very few places are “their former glory”, especially right now. All we can hope is that better days are ahead and that we don’t lose the few clubs of this type that we have left. 

I visited SR recently and kept my expectations low based on recent posts. The posts contained  some accurate observations but once again I had a great time. SR uniqueness almost guarantees a good time and something for everyone. The crowd was sizable and included women. That does not annoy me if it helps bring in the hot boys. The boys were diverse as usual and I recognized some who have been around  a while  and new faces as well. Most were entertaining and some had skills beyond the obvious including gymnastics and other theatrical elements… Fun!  Some seemed to disappear after their set and I assume they were busy in the VIP lounge. Unlike previous visits, I did not venture into the VIP lounge. I am still little hesitant for that level of contact at this point but many of the dancers were lounge worthy. The stage was empty only once and there was at least one dancer or more  on stage all night. There was no table service so when parties left there was no clean up. People seemed to push the mess aside, go to bar to get their drinks and tip generously stage side. Overall, I was happy with the vibe and would not hesitate to return. Everyone is adjusting to the post pandemic world and I assume this applies to clubs as well. I’m pulling for SR to survive.. 

I’m glad you had a good time ‘Watching the stage’ but for me, personally I don’t just go just to watch the stage. Also, I really find the  mentality expressed in your post dumbfounding… like this quote…

Unlike previous visits, I did not venture into the VIP lounge. I am still little hesitant for that level of contact at this point”

You go into a club where almost no one is wearing a mask, Social distancing is not possible and you literally can’t avoid bumping into people on a Saturday night.  BUT the VIP room is a bridge too far….a  ‘’level of contact’ you aren’t ready for. Seriously????  I mean, there is a lot of inconsistency here but I’ll just leave that alone.  

This isn’t just directed just to you but I am sick and tired of the illogical, debilitating behavior displayed by the very people who are posting “trust science” on their Facebook pages.  What are you waiting for?  I’m assuming you have had the vaccine.  Are you unable to comprehend math? I mean, the risk to the fully vaccinated for facing a serious bout with COVID is almost zero! 

Do you feel superior virtue signaling by wearing your mask and encouraging people to still wear masks?  I’m just going to make a wild guess here…you have suffered virtually no financial impact from the pandemic and in fact are doing better than before the pandemic?  Tell me if I’m wrong.

How long are you going to maintain your irrational fear that is completely devoid of reality and has NO BASIS IN SCIENCE?  Till the end of the year?  Next year? Next decade? 

again, not really meant to be directed at you as an attack but your post “triggered me” (been wanting to say that phrase forever).  If you’ve been fully vaccinated you should get on with living life. There is no rational basis for hiding in fear. 

Edited by Atlanta_Guy

2 hours ago, Leo Hammond said:

I appreciate your insight. My comments were meant to be informative with no intent to trigger. I am pleased my observations provided the opportunity to say that phrase. Enjoy!

You didn’t answer any of my questions.  And maybe you won’t from the original comment.  But do you have an idea of how many dancers? 12? 24?