Setting Time Zone for Forum

mike carey
This topic is 1069 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

With the old software, the time zone that is used to display content was set manually so, for example, when I travelled to the US or into a different time zone here or there, I had to tell the software where I was so the time and date would display correctly. I have just had a look at the various options and settings in this software and cannot find a place where I can specify a time zone. Am I correct in assuming that this software uses the system time zone on the device I'm using rather than its own internally set time?

2 hours ago, mike carey said:

With the old software, the time zone that is used to display content was set manually so, for example, when I travelled to the US or into a different time zone here or there, I had to tell the software where I was so the time and date would display correctly. I

tenor.gif

Sister from the Antipode, how come I never thought of paying attention to that!

15 minutes ago, latbear4blk said:

Oh, yeah. I was rather thinking about East Time and Pacific Time in the States. My reference to the Antipode had nothing to do with that.

Fair point, I knew you travelled to South America, but wasn't sure how much you travelled to the west coast (or even to Chicago). I guess a lot of people wouldn't even notice that the time stamp on posts was out when travelling in the US, but with a 14, 15 or 16 hour difference depending on the time of year, I do.

3 hours ago, mike carey said:

With the old software, the time zone that is used to display content was set manually so, for example, when I travelled to the US or into a different time zone here or there, I had to tell the software where I was so the time and date would display correctly. I have just had a look at the various options and settings in this software and cannot find a place where I can specify a time zone. Am I correct in assuming that this software uses the system time zone on the device I'm using rather than its own internally set time?

Correct. This is automatically detected.  There is no need to set this per user in your preferences.