Where can I get a cheap burner phone?

This topic is 1088 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hello Hello!

Question: Where can I get a cheap burner phone (Canada), nothing too fancy, just something I can access the app store with (Android is preferable).

I tried looking at Amazon even Walmart, but some of the options seem to phone phones seem to only work in certain countries.

Cheers,

Leo

Hello Hello!

Question: Where can I get a cheap burner phone (Canada), nothing too fancy, just something I can access the app store with (Android is preferable).

I tried looking at Amazon even Walmart, but some of the options seem to phone phones seem to only work in certain countries.

Cheers,

Leo

Have you considered using the "Burner" app on your current mobile phone instead of buying a separate device? I am not in Canada so can't really help when it comes to phone availability. Over in the USA you can go to T-Mobile store - they have a pre-paid plan that includes international texting and data for roaming.

Have you considered using the "Burner" app on your current mobile phone instead of buying a separate device? I am not in Canada, so I can't really help when it comes to phone availability. Over in the USA you can go to T-Mobile store - they have a pre-paid plan that includes international texting and data for roaming.

I have; I heard Textnow does not delete your personal information. If my phone had a dual sim-card port, it would be perfect, but that is not the case :(

BLESS YOUR SOUL!!

I believe @Benjamin_Nicholas and @KeepItReal are talking about the same app. Just be aware that there are some restrictions on what you can send via the Burner app - some picture file formats and video formats are not supported so you have to have a profile somewhere (like rentmen) with all the media you plan to share.

Edited by FrankR

I believe @Benjamin_Nicholas and @KeepItReal is talking about the same app. Just be aware that there are some restrictions on what you can send via the Burner app - some picture file formats and video formats are not supported, so you have to have a profile somewhere (like rentmen) with all the media you plan to share.

Whoops! Misread @KeepItReal 's response; I thought he meant a burner app like google voice or text now! But thank you for the notice!

Have you considered using the "Burner" app on your current mobile phone instead of buying a separate device? I am not in Canada so can't really help when it comes to phone availability. Over in the USA you can go to T-Mobile store - they have a pre-paid plan that includes international texting and data for roaming.

Burner app is great. I learned about it here on the forum and I use it all the time now. Plus $5 a month is a lot cheaper and less hassle than activating an eSIM or getting a separate burner phone

No clue about Canada, but TracFone allows you to buy international minutes. I bought my first one at BestBuy. Other big box retailers besides Walmart seem to sell them. Also check out smaller retailers such as Walgreens, and i’ve heard even convenience stores like 7-11 sell them.