Halston

This topic is 1072 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Netflix will be releasing its new limited series ( portraying Halston's. The series will premiere on May 14th. It is produced and co-wrote by Ryan Murphy (Hollywood, Glee, The Prom, The Politician, etc.). Ewan McGregor plays Halston during the 70s/80s when the series takes place, along with Krysta Rodriguez portraying his good friend Liza Minnelli. In case this series becomes melded into the ongoing controversy regarding whether straight actors should play "gay parts" McGregor has also starred as a gay character in the movie I Love You Phillip Morris. I really like that movie.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/halston-trailer-ewan-mcgregor-ryan-150748058.html

Netflix will be releasing its new limited series ( portraying Halston's. The series will premiere on May 14th. It is produced and co-wrote by Ryan Murphy (Hollywood, Glee, The Prom, The Politician, etc.). Ewan McGregor plays Halston during the 70s/80s when the series takes place, along with Krysta Rodriguez portraying his good friend Liza Minnelli. In case this series becomes melded into the ongoing controversy regarding whether straight actors should play "gay parts" McGregor has also starred as a gay character in the movie I Love You Phillip Morris. I really like that movie.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/halston-trailer-ewan-mcgregor-ryan-150748058.html

No enjoying Krystal Rodriguez playing Liza Minnelli. Granted not an easy assignment for and actress, or actor. Ms. Rodriguez looks like Ms. Minnelli, but that's about it. She doesn't sing like Liza, not even close.

However, Liza in Victor Victoria on Broadway substitute for Julie Andrews on vacation was fairly awful. so I apologize

Edited by WilliamM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think Ewan McGregor was great and proved that straight can play gay and presumably vice versa.

I also appreciated the way a mainstream production can acknowledge male sexual activity. You didn't have to be a genius to figure out he was size queen bottom.