Island spa vs spa castle?

gshock

I’ve been to king spa which is the other big one of the three. The spa is large and gets a diverse crowd. The wet area tubs are so shallow and high I don’t like. Curious to hear how others like island spa. The reviews on Yelp seem to favor it over kings.

Haven’t been to Island Spa so can’t speak to that. However, I have been to Spa Castle and Sojo (NJ). Sojo is pristine compared to Spa Castle but Spa Castle is reliably more gay/cruisey. The steam room and dry sauna are closed at both locations right now which means no playing. That being said, I went to Spa Castle recently and it was still pretty gay.

Thanks. I'm assuming there's really not much opportunity for play? Just looking at eye candy? When is the best time to see hot guys at these places?

While you may see some eye candy, you won’t get the chance to unwrap or taste the candy until sauna’s and steam rooms officially open back up. Although the best time for eye candy at Spa Castle is after 2pm. For King Sauna, it’s all day but it’s mostly Asian in the mornings.

thanks is spa castle heavily monitored?

The Men’s nude area? Not really. There’s no monitoring going on unless someone (usually one of the straights) alerts the locker room attendant that there’s something going on.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got in from Spa Castle, and for anyone interested, not much has changed post-COVID. They don’t provide uniforms or robes at the moment, the relaxation room is closed, and the showers in the men’s nude area are spaced out to promote 6 feet of distance. The salad bar is closed (for obvious reasons) but everything else (steam room antics) is the same. In fact, the steam room got quite .. uh .. messy .. today. 😂

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/15/2021 at 8:15 PM, RLBENJI said:

Just got in from Spa Castle, and for anyone interested, not much has changed post-COVID. They don’t provide uniforms or robes at the moment, the relaxation room is closed, and the showers in the men’s nude area are spaced out to promote 6 feet of distance. The salad bar is closed (for obvious reasons) but everything else (steam room antics) is the same. In fact, the steam room got quite .. uh .. messy .. today. 😂

10 hours ago, Brak said:

Just went to spa castle Friday early afternoon and it was very cruisy. 

What time during the day is a good time to go?

• 4 weeks later...

I was at island the last night. Very mixed crowd and some very good looking people. I even saw one of the dudes I follow on Twitter. There is the one employee that walks around every 5 minutes but there seemed to be a lot of activity in the steam room. Very relaxing place.