Island spa vs spa castle?

gshock

• 2 months later...

I was thinking of giving this place a try, but it's a pain for a non-car owner to get to, so I want to make sure it's worth the effort.  Over on squirt.org it seems as if the only action is in the steam room, which seems like a pretty limited area to justify all the hoopla.  Is that view correct, or does more go on there than it seems?

1 hour ago, Jim_n_NYC said:

So, I realize it's closed ATM.  But it's like an orgy atmosphere in the steam room?

As a spa castle regular, I can tell you that AT TIMES, there is an orgy vibe in the steam room. I can also tell you (having gone recently) that now they randomly check the steam room at least twice an hour. There’s ample opportunity to have a little bit of fun, but in terms of it being a FULL BLOWN ORGY, nah.

If you live close by, it’s worth it, but if you live anything more than I’d say 45mins to an hour or way, you’d be better off going somewhere else.

And one last FYI, the real “action” goes on in the bathroom stalls or sometimes in the shower area nearest to the body scrub room.

Edited by RBENJI

38 minutes ago, RBENJI said:

As a spa castle regular, I can tell you that AT TIMES, there is an orgy vibe in the steam room. I can also tell you (having gone recently) that now they randomly check the steam room at least twice an hour. There’s ample opportunity to have a little bit of fun, but in terms of it being a FULL BLOWN ORGY, nah.

If you live close by, it’s worth it, but if you live anything more than I’d say 45mins to an hour or way, you’d be better off going somewhere else.

And one last FYI, the real “action” goes on in the bathroom stalls or sometimes in the shower area nearest to the body scrub room.

Great, thanks for letting me know not to waste my time.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, mcskill said:

How is spa castle now? Saw on website they just reopened again. Any recent experience?

It's literally the same as it's always been. The same cruising in the men's area, the same guys, the same action in the steam room, etc. It's usually more cruisy in the early morning, or after 1/2 ish when the off work/out of school crowd appears.

1 hour ago, bigzzz79 said:

I’m hearing the steam room is broken and the entire place is not in great shape, any of that true? 

The facility as a whole is definitely falling apart, from leaks in the locker room to some of the showers being broken and cracks in the steam room walls. Last time I was there (a few days ago), the steam room was definitely working though 

13 hours ago, RBENJI said:

It's literally the same as it's always been. The same cruising in the men's area, the same guys, the same action in the steam room, etc. It's usually more cruisy in the early morning, or after 1/2 ish when the off work/out of school crowd appears.

Thank you for the info, @rbenji. Would you still recommend worth going though? 

• 1 month later...
On 7/27/2022 at 4:32 AM, SlcArt19 said:

Am I understanding correctly that Spa Castle has a nude-only area and that’s where the action is? So you’re not allowed to wear even a towel?

No, you're not allowed to wear a towel. Hence, it being "nude-only".  If you're in there with anything covering, and someone brings it to the attention of the spa attendant, he'll inform you that you have to be completely nude OR leave the area completely. They've gotten a bit more strict about that since dudes try to sneak phones in that area by hiding them in their towels.

• 5 months later...