These new Speedo LZR Racers suck

Rick Munroe
This topic is 5730 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/karin-tanabe/how-modern-technology-rui_b_118232.html

"When did Speedos on the beach and briefs in the bedroom become banished by the young straight American male? 'From Here to Eternity' star Burt Lancaster proudly displayed his physique in the tightest shortest bathing suit allowed on screen in 1953, Gordon Scott played Tarzan in a barely-there loin cloth and it's hard to conjure bodybuilding images of Arnold Schwarzenegger without skimpy swim trunks. Today, a young man on an American beach in a Speedo has the shock value of a topless woman. Maybe it's just a bell curve and things will go skimpy again soon."

Man, I sure hope so.

I could not agree more. What's wrong with a little skin? Or even a lot of skin? Plus, IMO, I would think that all that fabric in swimsuits, basketball shorts, regular shorts, would just get in the way. Or weigh you down. And the resulting tan lines look stupid. To me there is nothing sexier than a nice speedo tan line... or just no tan line at all. <eg>

I too hope we close the gap in the circle and get back to tight jeans, truly shorts & speedos!

KevinInSA

The Funniest thing to see is when the Straight guys remove there "Walking" Shorts only to have "Water" Shorts just as long and Baggy on underneath! HaHa

Why bother with the Walking Shorts? Wearing both has to be damn uncomfortable! As far as the Drainage Holes in the Baggies go, even with lightweight Material they still weigh a ton when wet! LOL

I'm willing to give'em their "Mid-Cuts" like 12 Pac wears on "I Luv Money" BUT that's where JT draws the line! ;-)

Guest ReturnOfS
Guest zipperzone

>Who needs swimming when theres diving. Even when swim suits

>showed more skin, it was underwater 90% of the tie. In diving

>you always get more eye candy time of tight streamlined

>muscular bodies in skimpy little speedos :+

Yes - but, with the swimmers the eye candy starts when they climb out of the pool. (or at least it used to)

Grown up in Italy, where speedos and topless women are a normal thing in any public beach, I always felt a bit bizarre seeing men in those baggy shorts in US beaches, and definitely sorry for them who have to endore with so much fabric while swimming!

I live close to Brighton Beach in Brooklyn, and as most men who go to the beach there are Russian, 90% there wear speedos, so it didn't really strike me until recently.

I spent last March 2 weeks in Naples FL for my job, and I was lucky enough to be in a place by the beach. Every morning I would spend a good couple of hours running, sunbathing and swimming in the beautiful ocean.

Wearing my speedo, I realized very soon that I was pretty much the only man in that stretch of sand who was doing so, and I began to be so self-aware that everybody was looking at me like I was walking naked in a not-nude beach!

:+

Guest ReturnOfS

In diving you get to see them getting out of the water, rubbing themselves down in the shower, walking seductively across the diving board, and flying threw the air. Walking across the diving board and flying threw the air are then shown multiple times in slow motion. I think that diving eye candy has swimming eye candy beat hands down :+

Xafan...You did forget the part about Brooklyn Brighton Beach Russian Men who wear SPEEDOS ALL being 55-85 and NOT a pretty sight!

Unfortunately the Hunky Young Russians all like the American Surfer Board Short Look!

Somethings should be given up after the "Bloom is off the Rose"! ;-)

It's ironic that more guys go to a gym to perfect their bodies than ever before, but shun speedos on the beach.

In the Olympics beach volleyball the women wear small two piece bathing suits and the men are all covered up. I don't get it.

I belong to a town pool where all the life guards are in their late teens and early 20's. The guys all wear swim suits that hang below their knees. They do hang dangerously low on their hips because of the weight and often have to keep adjusting themselves because of the the looseness of the fabric. A small compensation.

I know a few Pro B/B who other than "On Stage" wearing a Posing Jock, donot like being stared at on the Beach and never wear a Speedo!

That also goes for alot of P/T'S...

Most say only the real EXHIBIONIST'S-Attention Seeker's get off on Speedo wearing in Public! That's why MY Guys wear'em for me in Pvt Only, which actually makes it seem even more of a Pvt Fantasy! ;-)

>Xafan...You did forget the part about Brooklyn Brighton Beach

>Russian Men who wear SPEEDOS ALL being 55-85 and NOT a pretty

>sight!

>

>Unfortunately the Hunky Young Russians all like the American

>Surfer Board Short Look!

>

>Somethings should be given up after the "Bloom is off the

>Rose"! ;-)

Apart the fact that personally I don't find anything particularly ugly in men in their 50s-80s wearing speedos, I have to say that if you walk (as I do :D) by the seashore (even if for sure the majority of Brighton Beach men is not exactly Playgirl material) you will see an impressive number of hot men in their 30s and 40s whom will have most of our heads turn!

:9

Archived