Social media question

Charlie
This topic is 1169 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Found this link from the "Daddy Needs Your Help" thread that may answer your question. I'm relatively new here but it seems like members have sent donations to Daddy to help with the fees of this site.

https://www.companyofmen.org/threads/the-data-are-what-the-data-are.126213/

When the two sites--reviews and MB--were one, I assumed that the advertising on the review section underwrote the expense of the MB section. When the sites were split, Daddy still owned both, and I assumed that the review site was still the primary financial support for the MB. The money from voluntary donations from MB members seemed to be a supplement, but erratic personal donations are not a very reliable way to finance an ongoing operation. Now that Daddy is gone, I am trying to understand how an operation like this actually works or could work.

When the two sites--reviews and MB--were one, I assumed that the advertising on the review section underwrote the expense of the MB section. When the sites were split, Daddy still owned both, and I assumed that the review site was still the primary financial support for the MB. The money from voluntary donations from MB members seemed to be a supplement, but erratic personal donations are not a very reliable way to finance an ongoing operation. Now that Daddy is gone, I am trying to understand how an operation like this actually works or could work.

Reviews subsidise the forum. The forum brings traffic to the reviews.

Personal donations in the form of subscriptions is the business model for onlyfans, patreon et al.

Edited by The_Impeccable_G

@Charlie Do you contemplate running the site? Someone has to!:)