Post-vaccination, what’s the wise massage plan?

RubMyThighs
This topic is 1123 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The CDC says vaccinated people can gather indoors, and grandparents can hug their grandchildren! But I haven’t seen much about sex or, for that matter, sensual massage. Now that I’m half-vaccinated and thinking about who I will book next month, I am wondering aloud:

Should I ask a masseur if he’s vaccinated? And, if he says yes, and I believe him, do we just go maskless and do what we would normally do?

I’m coming at this from the place of caution that I’ve been in all year: I know there are still unknowns about the vaccines and the variants; and we do know that people can still get Covid with a vaccination but it shouldn’t get serious enough to send you to the hospital. So...I still don’t wanna get it.

Curious how other prudent folks will approach this. I’m kind of inclined to host the massage in my backyard for “ventilation” and, well, I’m unsure from there. Masks? No masks? Only f*** doggy-style (kidding, sort of)?

I don’t wanna start a political debate here; I am just curious for the wisdom of this crowd.

If the masseur had gotten both doses of Pfizer/Moderna or the single dose of J&J, you could ask for his CDC card as proof. I have seen some actually include this proof in a photo in their ad. All personnel vaccinated should have been given this card as proof, but then again this proof is only as good as if he is/was the one vaccinated.

i think we need to stop thinking that vaccination is going to eradicate the earth of COVID. It’s not going away anytime soon. Having said that, for those who are vaccinated, it’s time to start living life and easing up on the level of fear. So if the CDC says it’s ok for vaccinated people to get together and socialize indoors then I think you can justify a massage with a happy ending. (Of course they’re not going to put that on their list of activities.). Hopefully it won’t be long before all Americans have the opportunity to get vaccinated and then if the masseur is and you are, then I say live your life.

i think we need to stop thinking that vaccination is going to eradicate the earth of COVID. It’s not going away anytime soon. Having said that, for those who are vaccinated, it’s time to start living life and easing up on the level of fear. So if the CDC says it’s ok for vaccinated people to get together and socialize indoors then I think you can justify a massage with a happy ending. (Of course they’re not going to put that on their list of activities.). Hopefully it won’t be long before all Americans have the opportunity to get vaccinated and then if the masseur is and you are, then I say live your life.

Just waiting for two weeks after my second shot - in about a month. It's going to be so good to get on my regular masseur's tables again.

I have been vaccinated. And because things are starting to open up where I’m from (Vegas), I notice masseurs traveling to the city more now. I wish it’s easy to believe a masseur and take their word for it when they say they’ve been vaccinated. Totally, if I can guarantee he’s vaccinated, since CDC says it’s safe then I would be okay not wearing masks to my massages.

actually, in the vast majority of cases from clinical trials, the vaccine prevents you from getting COVID, and early data from a study in Israel also supports that it prevents you from transmitting it in upwards of 90 percent of the time. Zero risk? No. But good enough to resume normal life when you're inter-acting with other vaccinated people, and hopefully enough future data will confirm the minimal risk of transmission to unvaccinated folks.

There are 3 masseurs I’ve seen for years whom I trust. I just reached out to one of them to let him know that I’ve been vaccinated, I’m eager to get a massage, and I’d like to know what precautions he’s taking so I can make sure it sounds comfortable to me.

That’s my approach to this. Hoping he replies thoughtfully and sincerely.

I have been vaccinated. And because things are starting to open up where I’m from (Vegas), I notice masseurs traveling to the city more now. I wish it’s easy to believe a masseur and take their word for it when they say they’ve been vaccinated. Totally, if I can guarantee he’s vaccinated, since CDC says it’s safe then I would be okay not wearing masks to my massages.

I reached out to a traveling masseur from the west coast heading to NYC. I've seen him previously when visiting a couple of years ago. He told me that he is only taking customers who have been fully vaccinated and that he was vaccinated. This may become the new trend in many walks of life. I intend to get it when locally available.

I think... it depends.

There's two thing I'm looking for now:

1.) Vaccinations. I'll be vaccinated next month due to the acceleration of timelines and the sharp increase of supplies. And I'll be looking for masseurs who are also fully vaccinated.

2.) Low infection rate in the area. I'm currently in a high infection rate area, but driving to the outer shore later in April where there are only 45 cases in the whole county. I will certainly feel safer there and may get a massage.

While nothing is 100% I've made it 13 months COVID free and I ain't trying to screw it up now! Be be safe my friends.

Vaccination does not mean immunity. You can still get COVID, and spread it; it just lessens the severity of your symptoms so hospitalization probably won't be needed.

The vaccines are a step towards better containment and reduced severity of the coronavirus...

As you mention, even after vaccination, one can become infected with and pass on the coronavirus~ Some who have been infected can carry lingering virus as is being noted in “long Haulers”~ It’s not beyond reason for those with families and those in contact with critical care or vulnerable individuals to ask their play partners/masseurs/masseuses if they have ever had coronavirus in addition to seeing their Vax card certificate~ Thats a personal choice, of course, to ask or respond~

Of the greater benefits of the vaccinations is that it reduces the probability of, (slows down the rate of), mutation that can lead to variants resistant to current vaccines~ Despite the efforts of those opposed to masking and vaxing, the vaccines inevitably make masking and social distancing less of a necessity once 95% of the population becomes vaccinated~

My sense after researching is that it is best never to get this virus... even if you have had the vaccinations~

People will do as they will... Perhaps annoying but, perhaps also in best stay informed and slow down enough to see how real life plays out with all of it~

One year was enough for many people... making the wrong choices that lead to two years or longer won’t be less uncomfortable~

~Tyger~

Edited by Tygerscent