Palm Springs vs Provincetown

YourMascMuscle
This topic is 1168 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Spend summer in Ptown and bring a sweater at night, and the rest of the year in Palm Springs with a hat and plenty of moisturizer lotion.

at 38 you'll be younger than most in Ptown and a teenager in Palm Springs A.K.A. "God's waiting room".

A sweater is not need in July and August. Summer in Massachusetts is quite hot

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cape Cod is nice in someways because if you don't like the crowds of Provincetown you can always go to another smaller town. I actually stayed in Wellfleet when I was there in a nice little rural-ish cabin only about a 10 minute walk from the beach which wasn't very crowded at all. It was about a 20 minute drive to Provincetown if I wanted to have the crowds and fun but always could kind of escape back to the much quieter retreat if I wanted.

Cape Cod is nice in someways because if you don't like the crowds of Provincetown you can always go to another smaller town. I actually stayed in Wellfleet when I was there in a nice little rural-ish cabin only about a 10 minute walk from the beach which wasn't very crowded at all. It was about a 20 minute drive to Provincetown if I wanted to have the crowds and fun but always could kind of escape back to the much quieter retreat if I wanted.

You could spend a few long weekends in Boston during the Winter. Take up ice hockey, which I would love. And watch professional and college basketball and hockey on television or in person.

You could spend a few long weekends in Boston during the Winter. Take up ice hockey, which I would love. And watch professional and college basketball and hockey on television or in person.

I've been to Boston in the winter actually twice. Well once was Thankgiving week. I had a friend who went to Harvard so I stayed with him for Thanksgiving when I lived in DC. and I was also there for an extended weekend in February once. It's definitely a bit chilly and in February we actually got hit with some decent snow. But overall it was a lot of fun..Boston's a great town.

Doesn't sound too appealing to me! ?

scottish-clans_orig.jpg

aQrxLj45kF9IBrDCv4l9YQUTtnVIl9TeebEorCJyOxBLUuB7uv2A4IxkOrdskzu4nchCVkpP0CAMdT0WDKFb14--8b2HrLav-ia8ik_hogDPStOnX3Dk

3215636_1.jpg

Interesting response given you may not have known my grandparents were either born in Scotland or Nova Scotia.

My maternal grandmother was born in Aberdeen, Scotland. I remember her because she lived with us. She loved the poet Robert Burns and read his poems outloud with a Scottish accent.

I greatly regretted now that I spent so much time in Australia and New Zealand and none in Scotland.

I had no control over spending a year in the army in South Vietnam

Me and Prince Harry......nice ass

I greatly regretted now that I spent so much time in Australia and New Zealand and none in Scotland.

I'm assuming you meant to say you greatly regret it, not that you used to regret it, but no longer do... Is it too late to visit Scotland? I would think that by this summer things will be under control in the UK and that with proof of vaccination, we will be able to travel there. My "Diego" has a whole list of Mexican cities to which we can't travel because he's afraid of being recognized (with me, of course). I wanted to take the Copper Canyon Railway, but he's deathly afraid of being recognized at the Los Mochis airport. I assured him we could take a cab straight from the railway station to the airport, but he said "The airport is where everyone goes. That's where I'd be most likely seen!". Oh well, we'll be hiking around Big Bend NP and Guadalupe Mountains NP next week, during his Spring Break (Semana Santa).

In recent years I’ve spent a week in each, late February in Palm Springs and early July in Provincetown. I loved both, but for vacations I would recommend PT first. Principally because nearly everything, bars, restaurants, galleries are concentrated in the same area and can be reached on foot. I stayed with friends in Palm Springs and they showed me the sights by car.

However if I had the choose which town to live in, I’d opt for Palm Springs because of the weather.

Part of the comparison seems to come down to "weather vs charm"

In recent years I’ve spent a week in each, late February in Palm Springs and early July in Provincetown. I loved both, but for vacations I would recommend PT first. Principally because nearly everything, bars, restaurants, galleries are concentrated in the same area and can be reached on foot. I stayed with friends in Palm Springs and they showed me the sights by car.

However if I had the choose which town to live in, I’d opt for Palm Springs because of the weather.

Part of the comparison seems to come down to "weather vs charm"

I'm assuming you meant to say you greatly regret it, not that you used to regret it, but no longer do... Is it too late to visit Scotland? I would think that by this summer things will be under control in the UK and that with proof of vaccination, we will be able to travel there. My "Diego" has a whole list of Mexican cities to which we can't travel because he's afraid of being recognized (with me, of course). I wanted to take the Copper Canyon Railway, but he's deathly afraid of being recognized at the Los Mochis airport. I assured him we could take a cab straight from the railway station to the airport, but he said "The airport is where everyone goes. That's where I'd be most likely seen!". Oh well, we'll be hiking around Big Bend NP and Guadalupe Mountains NP next week, during his Spring Break (Semana Santa).

Respectfully, "Diego" has a Spring break?

Respectfully, "Diego" has a Spring break?

What do you find strange about that? He's taking university classes online, and there will be no classes from Palm Sunday to Easter.