Tunisia

foxy
This topic is 5750 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Wetnwildbear

Sounds almost as delighful as Mississippi in the 50's or the

60's or the 70's or the 80's Oh hell - Sounds as delighful as

Mississippi during a Klan day White Sale at JC Penneys!

Well, I wasn't thinking of going because I thought it would be a gay paradise. I can stay in NYC for that (not that it really is anymore). I just thought it would be fun because it seems exotic.

So I take it no one on the board has been there. Maybe that's a good reason to go and report back.

Tunisia, wow! Never been though I do expect to get there one day. Would be nice to see Carthage and the Island of Djerba.

Travel is good, and there is so much interesting history. Would love to see some Tunisian Berber culture though it seems not much is left in Tunisia outside of Djerba.

Foxy my love,

Everything I've heard about Tunisia makes the place sound delightful and safe. A bit of old world Arab charm, mixed with euro-beach hedonism. Chances are you'll meet many more italians and germans than tunisians. As you said, one doesn't go there for a gay roll in the hay, but if you go simply as a human being, not as a western gay on the prowl for 3rd world dick, you are bound to have a wonderful time! And there's certainly no harm in looking!

BTW- I will be in Istanbul & Cairo in October. Just around the corner from Tunis!

La Trix

I loved Istanbul! I was there for 3 days in April and could easily have spent two weeks. I spent 3 weeks traveling around Turkey and along with it's obvious beauty and the amazing archeological sites, I found the people to be incredibly warm and friendly. The men are very touchy/feely with each other and very good looking. I was not there for sex but a younger friend of mine found the "love of his life" in Istanbul.

I know there was a recent post about Turkey which was not favorable on human/gay rights issues. I don't dispute that post. However if we could only travel to places that were perfect we couldn't go anywhere including our own country. I learn more about myself the more I learn about other people and how they live.

I think Tunisia is looking better and better as my next travel experience.

Archived