Is Good Rx worth it?

Kman
This topic is 1189 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Curious if anyone uses Good Rx regularly??

Apparently my insurance dropped my prescription drug coverage which doesn't make sense but I will check on that in the morning.

I can find significant discounts for my prescriptions but can I get that discount every time I refill?

Also, I noticed the Gold Good Rx membership or card for 5.99 a month but not sure what all that does.

Thanks

I’ve use them to fill my testosterone cypionate which my insurance doesn’t cover. I don’t pay a membership fee, I just have the GoodRx card that I give to the pharmacist.

The prices are different based on the pharmacy you select so I just pic the one nearest me with the lowest price. I’ve never used them for mail order but I think you can.

Apparently my insurance dropped my prescription drug coverage which doesn't make sense but I will check on that in the morning.

I can find significant discounts for my prescriptions but can I get that discount every time I refill?

Also, I noticed the Gold Good Rx membership or card for 5.99 a month but not sure what all that does.

Thanks

This seemed like some kind of scam to me, but my doctor actually suggested goodrx. It seems very odd.

Thanks

Are you working? An employer plan will occasionally separate out the prescription benefit from the medical and have it administered by someone like ExpressScripts. I don't think they're allowed to just drop your coverage like that.

Are you working? An employer plan will occasionally separate out the prescription benefit from the medical and have it administered by someone like ExpressScripts. I don't think they're allowed to just drop your coverage like that.

Yes, I'm working. We did have ExpressScripts last year through BCBS and we switched to SmithRX which I did not realize. But even some of the GoodRx deals are better than what insurance can cover.

Yes, it works for me when I need to use it

I had some of the same concerns at first also. I still don't understand how they make any profit from it.

[/QUS

Their website states they make money off of advertisements.

Why do you feel it’s like a scam? Or odd?

You go to some website, enter your med names and your location and you're given a seemingly random collection of codes to provide to the pharmacy which may or may not unpredictably reduce the cost of your medication by some amount.

Where do these codes come from? Why do they work? Why does the discount vary and why do you see different savings depending on the pharmacy? Why do you need such codes in the first place?

What does GoodRx get out of it?

The whole process just seems crazy to me! :)

I thought Goodrx was just a price comparison site. They list the cost of X quantity of a medication at every pharmacy in the area. Does handing over the card change anything?

What you mAy want to do, especially with newish brand name meds, is to search out manufacturer coupons. Some pharmacies will do this for you, but not all. Also, certain online pharmacies negotiate their own deals with pharma companies on certain drugs. I know of one such pharmacy in CA.