Amazon Prime and other streaming services

This topic is 1206 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A thread to discuss what we're enjoying on platforms other than Netflix.

The Sound Of Metal on Prime is a very good watch. It's the story of a metal drummer losing his hearing. Music only at the very beginning and the story focuses on a young man facing a life crippling disability. Unforgotten streams on Prime and is well worth a watch.

a complaint on Amazon Prime and other streamers

They list and promote films that are not in English - film starts first three/four minutes no dialogue - then I figure out movie not in language I understand

it be nice that make language clear on details of movie

Agreed... sometimes I'm just not in the mood to read.

What's Dekko?

• 3 weeks later...

A thread to discuss what we're enjoying on platforms other than Netflix.

The Sound Of Metal on Prime is a very good watch. It's the story of a metal drummer losing his hearing. Music only at the very beginning and the story focuses on a young man facing a life crippling disability. Unforgotten streams on Prime and is well worth a watch.

I also really liked SOUND OF METAL, esp the use of sound effects to convey what the loss of his hearing meant for the drummer. And a great performance by super sexy Riz Ahmed.

I just put "Anna Karenina" on my Amazon Prime list (mostly because I love watching Aaron Taylor-Johnson) - skimming through it, it seemed to have a Baz Luhrmann vibe going on. I saw in the credits that Tom Stoppard (who wrote "Shakespeare In Love") wrote it, I look forward to watching it.

• 1 year later...

Prime has quite a mix of offerings if one does a little searching.     

This weekend I found the documentary Family Band: The Cowsills Story.   It belongs in the category "what ever happened to....." ,  touching on their rise to stardom, and their fading into the background.

This was a musical family that the TV Show Partridge Family was based on.

After watching the film, I viewed quite a few YouTube music videos.   The Cowsills were quite a talented bunch of kids.

The film itself doesn't have much of the music, such as the videos I found.  

++++++++++++++++SPOILER FAR BELOW BELOW THE VIDEO+++++++++++++++++++

The parenting in that family was a bit uneven at best.  The Dad was portrayed as abusive.   The kids dealt with those challenges.

Edited by OCClient
edit