Abstinence

Bob
This topic is 5756 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This topic may have been discussed already but here goes again. I was reading on another site about abstinence from masturbation and guys told of abstaining for several days to weeks to months and in one case even a year. My first question was WHY? Then I wondered if it is even possible and finally I wondered if I am a freak. I love to masturbate and in my whole life (and I've been around for many moons) I'm certain I've not gone for even a whole week without. After two or three days of no activity I feel real physical pain. I've always felt that an orgasm is the pinnacle of pleasure so I pursue it with vigor. Maybe I am a freak.

Guest josephga

iv gone 3 months without masterbating b4. I had cancer at the time and was under going chemo and just didnt care, i was so sick from all of that i didnt give anything else any thought..

You're response to the situation is understandable as you needed to devote all your energies to saving your life. You have my utmost sympathy and I pray that life is now much better for you. I assume you are feeling better and working hard to make up for lost time.

When I was younger, I couldn't go more than a couple of days without a climax. Now, I have no problem going without masturbation for several weeks, if circumstances call for that. I suspect that one's tolerance for abstinence is determined by a combination of physical and psychological aspects. By the way, I was really frustrated when I took Flomax, because I found that I wanted to masturbate but was physically unable to cum.

I am almost embarrassed, but not really, to admit that beginning in my early teens masturbation became a daily joyous ritual for me. Up through my forties I frequently enjoyed the experience several times a day. Maybe this can be explained by the fact that I was EXTREMELY late (retarded) in getting started at gay sex. I didn’t have sex with another guy until I was 61. From that point on I have, I hope, become a connoisseur of MAN to MAN sex. Even with the inclusion of man to man sex in my life masturbation still plays a fun role in my life. Seldom does a day go by that I don’t enjoy masturbation in some form or another and damn the forms are many and varied.

> I wondered if I am a freak. I love to masturbate and

>in my whole life (and I've been around for many moons) I'm

>certain I've not gone for even a whole week without. After

>two or three days of no activity I feel real physical pain.

>I've always felt that an orgasm is the pinnacle of pleasure so

>I pursue it with vigor. Maybe I am a freak.

Maybe the only norm re whipping it is that it's not norm if you don't. So many hangovers on this. When I was in high school, one of the many ridiculous notions about sex was that you beat it only if you were a homo or your cheerleader girl friend was on the rag.

There's no "norm" as to number of times or age, far as I'm concerned. If it feels good do it.

Sometimes, preoccupied or whatever, I'll go for maybe a week without a good whip. Then when I do I really have a great go at it. That's the only benefit of occasional abstinence I see.

"I'd say that's a bit of an extreme reaction, now wouldn't you?" -- N.F. Bates

Lankypeters

You are not a freak! And you are quite possibly doing wonders for your prostate. Recent research (see links) suggests that frequent ejaculation can help to prevent prostitis/prostrate cancer.

http://www.efluxmedia.com/news_Masturbation_Reduces_Mens_Chance_to_Develop_Prostate_Cancer_16782.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3072021.stm

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn3942-masturbating-may-protect-against-prostate-cancer.html

According to the last article/link:

"But why should ejaculating more often cut the risk of prostate cancer? The team speculates that ejaculation prevents carcinogens building up in the gland. The prostate, together with the seminal vesicles, secretes the bulk of the fluid in semen, which is rich in substances such as potassium, zinc, fructose and citric acid.

Generating the fluid involves concentrating these components from the bloodstream up to 600-fold - and this could be where the trouble starts. Studies in dogs show that carcinogens such as 3-methylcholanthrene, found in cigarette smoke, are also concentrated in prostate fluid.

"It's a prostatic stagnation hypothesis," says Giles. "The more you flush the ducts out, the less there is to hang around and damage the cells that line them." "

So be proud that you masturbate frequently! Tell your friends, family, and co-workers. Help spread the word, and maybe we can prevent prostate cancer! At least we will all feel a lot more relaxed!!! ;-)

The team speculates that ejaculation prevents

>carcinogens building up in the gland. The prostate, together

>with the seminal vesicles, secretes the bulk of the fluid in

>semen, which is rich in substances such as potassium, zinc,

>fructose and citric acid.

"........oh, oh, oh......yeah! YEAH!, man.....shoot that fructose!!!!!!.......

"I'd say that's a bit of an extreme reaction, now wouldn't you?" -- N.F. Bates

Lankypeters

Archived