Best Places to Live

Guest ryan2552
This topic is 5792 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Try this [a href=http://finance.yahoo.com/real-estate/article/105235/The-Worlds-Best-Places-to-Live-2008]link [/a]

I've been to 8 out of the 10 places listed. My favorites from the list are Sydney, Geneva, Zurich and Munich.

Personally, I wouldn't choose Dusseldorf or Frankfurt, but that's just me.

Steven Draker ~

[a href=http://www.hotsexystud.com/uk]website[/a] [a href=http://www.daddysreviews.com/review.php?who=steven_draker_brussels]reviews[/a]

Thanks, Rick--it does work for me.

The only city listed there that I have lived in is Vienna, but I have visited all of them, and know residents in several. I disagree with Draker about Frankfurt, a city that I wouldn't mind living in, but I would much rather live in Sydney than any of the others--provided I had lots of money for plane fare, since it is so far from the rest of the world that I love. (I like Vancouver, but everyone I know who lives there leaves for at least a couple of months in the winter.)

>The worlds best places to live rankings were recently

>released. In the top ten no sign of the USA though Switzerland

>places three cities.

>

Lists like this are very silly. What's the "best place to live" for one person would be a nightmare for another. For someone who loves live theater, for example, living in New York City or London would be wonderful, and living in Bern or Geneva unpleasant. Likewise, people vary enormously in terms of what climate they prefer, something which is very important to most people. Honolulu/Oahu might be heaven for a surfer, but hell for someone who enjoys museums or going on long road trips, given that it's at least a 5 hour flight to go anywhere. I find Bern to be a charming town, but can't imagine living there. As for Geneva, I really don't see the attraction at all. The town isn't even charming. I don't consider the average life expectancy to be even the slightest factor in my enjoyment of a place to live.

>The worlds best places to live rankings were recently

>released. In the top ten no sign of the USA though Switzerland

>places three cities.

>

Lists like this are very silly. What's the "best place to live" for one person would be a nightmare for another. For someone who loves live theater, for example, living in New York City or London would be wonderful, and living in Bern or Geneva unpleasant. Likewise, people vary enormously in terms of what climate they prefer, something which is very important to most people. Honolulu/Oahu might be heaven for a surfer, but hell for someone who enjoys museums or going on long road trips, given that it's at least a 5 hour flight to go anywhere. I find Bern to be a charming town, but can't imagine living there. As for Geneva, I really don't see the attraction at all. The town isn't even charming. I don't consider the average life expectancy to be even the slightest factor in my enjoyment of a place to live.

Guest zipperzone

>(I like Vancouver, but everyone I know who lives there

>leaves for at least a couple of months in the winter.)

Winter in Vancouver is not as shitty as many would have you believe. We seldom get snow (except in the mountains where it is wanted) and if we do, it is usally melted in a day or two.

It doesn't rain as much as is rumored and it more of a gentle Scotch mist type of rain. Temp is mild - you can go all winter with just a windbreaker - pants optional :-) I know many people who wear shorts all year long.

Even the nude beach (Wreck Beach) sees action all year long!

And the tourists with their frigin camcorders and digitals swinging around their necks are greatly reduced.

All in all, not to shabby.

Guest zipperzone

>(I like Vancouver, but everyone I know who lives there

>leaves for at least a couple of months in the winter.)

Winter in Vancouver is not as shitty as many would have you believe. We seldom get snow (except in the mountains where it is wanted) and if we do, it is usally melted in a day or two.

It doesn't rain as much as is rumored and it more of a gentle Scotch mist type of rain. Temp is mild - you can go all winter with just a windbreaker - pants optional :-) I know many people who wear shorts all year long.

Even the nude beach (Wreck Beach) sees action all year long!

And the tourists with their frigin camcorders and digitals swinging around their necks are greatly reduced.

All in all, not to shabby.

Guest ryan2552

>>The worlds best places to live rankings were recently

>>released. In the top ten no sign of the USA though

>Switzerland

>>places three cities.

>>

>

>Lists like this are very silly. What's the "best place

>to live" for one person would be a nightmare for another.

I don't think they're silly and the article does address some of what you said. I do agree with most of your other comments as well.

It wouldn't do anyone much good living in a city where they will be unhappy. I selected the city I live in based on what it has to offer to keep my interest and meet my needs.

Guest ryan2552

>>The worlds best places to live rankings were recently

>>released. In the top ten no sign of the USA though

>Switzerland

>>places three cities.

>>

>

>Lists like this are very silly. What's the "best place

>to live" for one person would be a nightmare for another.

I don't think they're silly and the article does address some of what you said. I do agree with most of your other comments as well.

It wouldn't do anyone much good living in a city where they will be unhappy. I selected the city I live in based on what it has to offer to keep my interest and meet my needs.

Archived