Sean Connery has died

gallahadesquire
This topic is 1292 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice how in these wonderful pictures from the 1950's that the area around where the dick is seems to be padded with some sort of thing that eliminates the unsightly-looking penis. The viewer has to use his imagination to guess at what lies beneath the swimsuit. No vpl in those days. We've come a long way, Babies.

I remember seeing his 007 car at the 1965 NY World’s Fair, I would have been 9:

77-C98-F50-28-EF-4017-A086-51-ECB4-C6932-D.jpg

I always remember it as the 1964 World’s Fair but it actually wasn’t an official World’s Fair, as the 1939 NY Fair was. It was just called that by the businessmen who organized it over a two year period, as it ran for the summers of 1964 and 1965, something officially recognized World Fairs do not.

About Connery as James Bond, he was my favourite actor in the role. But I only saw 4 or 5 of the films, two with Connery.

I’ve read several of the Fleming Bond novels and they are not as glitzy as the films. But then Ian Fleming was a real intelligence officer in the Second World War and he knew what the real life of a spy was like, not the movie screen version.

Of course, it was the glamour that made the franchise such a success. It was in stark contrast to what had befallen Britain after WWII, when it was reduced to being a second rate world power and impoverished by their wartime efforts.

This Super hero British spy James Bond on the celluloid films gave Britons a reason to chear up despite their reduced standing in the world. And for Sean Connery, who grew up in the slums of Edinburgh, he achieved the Bond dream. Not bad.