Travel to Colombia

Doe Be Doe
This topic is 1164 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

You should go! Colombia is an amazing country and I’ve had unequivocally good experiences each time I’ve gone during the last decade. People are generally very educated and civil. (Of course that doesn’t relieve you of the responsibility to conduct yourself with caution and modesty, as others here have advised.) Medellín in particular has an optimism and energy that in some ways compensate for the relative lack of cultural institutions (vis-à-vis Bogotá). Not to mention how handsome the men, and in such variety. These days I would be more worried about my safety in the US, both in terms of catching COVID and being the victim of violence. State Dept needs to get off its high horse and recognize that we now actively host many of the dangers for which they warn us against traveling to other places.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disturbing news today that Colombia now is 8th in the world ranking of countries with Covid19 infections. Colombia has almost 1million such cases.

Yes, it is sad indeed to see the spike in deaths over the past two weeks. There are 4 countries in South America that are on the top 10 list.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/25/covid-world-map-countries-most-coronavirus-cases-deaths

I strongly suggest you start studying Spanish now (online with Duolingo perhaps) and have some basic vocabulary before you go @Doe Be Doe. At least enough to say Please, Thank you and I’m sorry I don’t speak Spanish, do you speak English?

You will be able to do some activities independently and get so much more out of visiting Colombia and other Latin American countries if you learn some Spanish

Gracias mi amigo!

Other Spanish terms that might be helpful for that specific trip -

• Mas fuerte - Harder
  • Mas adentro - Deeper
  • (Eso) se siente bien - (That) feels good
  • Follame (pronounced, fo-yea-meh) - Fuck me
  • Come mi culo - Eat my ass

Or if you hear those similar words, you can say "Si" (yes) or "No" (no). Let's just say when I met a provider that could only converse in Spanish, those other basic words made up for enhancing the experience ;). Buena suerte, amigo!

• 3 weeks later...

Cartegna reminded me of New Orleans—charming old tow but you want to be cautious after dark. When I flew, a few years ago, the flights arrived and departed late in the day into Bogota. I thought Bogota was just OK—a capital city that sprawls all over the place. I stayed in an upscale area outside of the downtown, which seems to be gradually upgrading after years of decline. I travelled to several areas of Colombia and was impressed that English proficiency was sometimes quite good, but mostly absent.

• 3 months later...

I am impressed with the young men from Medellin on flirt4free - especially with the muscle hunks from @at_studios (check it out on twitter or on ig).

Tempted to travel there to meet a few of the guys. Does anyone have experience hiring cam models from Colombia? The reality is probably very different from the illusion created in cam shows ...