American Idol Prediction

ariadne1880
This topic is 5817 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'll go out on a limb on this one .... David Archuleta is going home. This is about the time that the favorite loses and if you believe the two main tracking sites he's been tied for the bottom (no pun intended) for the past 3 weeks with Jason Castro. Now that Castro is gone ....

Hope I'm wrong.

By the way, if you want to see some beautiful -- and insightful -- writing about him from an adult go to http://www.notingdavid.org.

Mark

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest flamengo

'AMERICAN IDOL'COMES DOWN TO THREE FINALIST

By DARLA ATLAS / Special Contributor to The Dallas Morning News

The seventh season of American Idol has been ballyhooed as having the most talented singers ever. That's debatable. But what is clear is that the top three – David Cook, Syesha Mercado and David Archuleta – offer something for everyone. Pick your poison: the rocker, the belter or the puppy dog. So who stands the best chance of ultimate victory?

The favorite: David Cook

Why he'll win: Actually, he probably will win. He's one of the only performers this season who has consistently chosen interesting, cool songs and made them his own. His voice is strong, his stage presence is solo-concert ready and the girls love him. Plus, remember his confession way back during top-24 time that he's a word nerd? That's cool.

Why he won't: He's not the most jolly of fellas. That slight hint of arrogance – the air of "Just give me the title so I can move on" – is a bit off-putting. Then there's the criticism that he's done covers of other people's covers of classic songs without giving them credit. But at this point, those are all minor quibbles. It's high time for a rocker to take this.

Syesha Mercado

Why she'll win: She definitely has the best underdog story. Landing second-to-last in votes several times, Syesha has clawed her way to the near top, not via a gimmick or personality alone, but with sheer, old-fashioned talent. As others drop off, her star only shines brighter.

Why she won't: Her established spot near the bottom of the heap doesn't bode well against the Davids' rabid fan bases. And her song selection has been spotty in the past, so this week's demands for three performances could overwhelm her. Plus, she's not the judges' pet. Speaking of whom ...

David Archuleta

Why he'll win: Because the judges would love to see it happen. They are not shy in their praise for him: Paula's over there sobbing with joy, Randy is yelling one of his few key phrases of affirmation, and the usually reserved Simon is caught saying things like "You crushed the competition." So that helps him. As does his appeal with certain fans who've long been looking for a new Donny Osmond.

Why he won't: Well, there's the scandal involving his dad, who was reportedly kicked out of rehearsals for his controlling ways. That leads to a question: Does David want this, or is Daddy Dearest forcing him into showbiz? Then again, the hoopla over his father could also increase his fans' puppy love.

Dear Mark:

This is so unlike your online persona, which is a bit in your face. So dude are you going soft or what. Stand behind the man you want which is a boy, David A. Nothing wrong with that.

First those online tracking sites are like political insiders built on rumor mills with little shred of evidence. I think Idol deliberately gives out falso leads just to keep the people guessing. Idol wants David C and David A very bad for the finally.

They have been screwed out of a great show last two seasons, now I loved Blake, but a Melinda-Jordan showdown would have been more compelling. An Elliot-Taylor showdown would have been more compelling or even Katherine-Elliot showdown or better Chris-Elliot would have been best. Last year's finals had a smaller rating pull than year before and I think Melinda not being there hurt that so tonight expect big push for voting. Why they do not add the online voting as DWS have it open until the next day is silly.

So as much as I like David C's style and content, David A has the better voice now if he would only sing something more memorable like "Imagine" then he can and will win. It would be great for David A. to sing Josh Grobin's To Where You Are or maybe Simon-Garfunkel's Bridge Over Trouble Water. It has to have range and money note or two and he needs to nail it.

Daivd Cook and David Archuletta have been top "Dogs" all season and will show again tonight. With three songs only one of their choosing it should be fun. And this has typically been the best show of the season.

I'm still me. I just don't think he will win.

As for the idiot from the Dallas paper. I wonder what they know or what their credentials are? I've been in the music biz for 25 years and I know voices. Cook's voice is a joke and his persona is much more "tired" than the "puppy dogs." Gosh, the rocker with the spiky hair and weird clothes. I've never seen that before ..... he's so cliched he could be on the "Partridge Family."

At least David Archuleta is fresh and new. But we live in a cynical age that cannot accept true sweetness and so we must call him all sorts of cute names to denigrate his talent.

How sad and how pathetic.

Mark

Performances were good, I thought first round was best. But nothing spectacular and no singular stand out performance.

I am still going to say a David C and David A finale. If anything I thought David A was a tad reserved on the last two songs. Unfortunately David A and Syesha both got saddled with terrible songs from the producers and did what they could from them.

I think David A should do an acapella version of a song to really showcase the voice. The backup singers were all over his Longer Than and it was a terrible arrangement. I think in the audience you could here David better on the TV the back up singers were drowning out his voice. David A can only win this competition on his voice, not performance skills. David C is much better there. Part of the Billy Joel song was acapella and his voice was beautiful. NO glitz lets just here the voice and his emotion, no message songs.

I expect the best finale from these two.

Mark what the Dallas paper said is a very good synopsis of most of the written coverage. I do think the Dad thing is hurting him. I think Dad needs a new image or even come out in public and say something nice or appologize. Mark you consider you gain more flys with honey than swatting randomly at everything that flys by.

No matter what happens these three people have had their lives on hold for 9 months. From the time of the auditions last summer to Hollywood week which was in November to Live shows starting in February.

I'm not interested in honey or in catching flies. Sorry.

I think most of the coverage in the newspapers I've read has been biased and unfair.

And if they had used half of the derogatory terms about Archuleta about the black chick there would be protests in the streets.

Double standard.

People judging Cook's voice know nothing about voice. That voice is a mess. Maybe that's what works in rock "music" but it wouldn't cut it in any other form.

Only Mercado and Archuleta have real voices.

Mark

Guest flamengo

Mark (if that's your name), you're nothing but a SIMON COWELL wannabe not worthy MY time or effort. Why don't you stick your head up your ass - woops, I'm sorry, I'm sure your head is tooo big!

Guest flamengo

I apologize for telling you to "stick your head up your ass ....". I almost lowered my self to your level and I would not want to do that!!

>If I'm not worth your time why do you insist on responding to

>my posts?

>

>As for head's up asses, yours is so far up your own ass that

>I'm surprised you don't shit when you open your mouth.

>

>Mark

Mark, from what you have written here, you must live a miserable and a very unsettled and unhappy life. Do you think you always have to have the "last" word as well as think everyone should agree with your position?

Remember to each his own!

Guest flamengo

"If I'm not worth your time why do you insist on responding to my posts?"

Because I'm having so much fun with your lame brain. You're such an idoit!! Cheapest fun I've had in a long time.

Guest flamengo

I go so excited. I just wanted to be the first to say:

"David Archuleta is going home."

Mark - the Randy Jackson/Paula Abdul wannabe was WRONG again. What a loser!!

Guest flamengo

I go so excited. I just wanted to be the first to say:

"David Archuleta is going home."

Mark - the Randy Jackson/Paula Abdul wannabe was WRONG again. What a loser!!

You go (sic.) so excited you couldn't spell got, eh?

Don't worry, you'll outgrow premature ejaculation. We all do once puberty ends and we gain a little experience. But do it quickly.

Get a grip and tone it down.

There is no better sign of the paucity of intellect or sense than the person who gets his jollies on the internet.

Put down the piss cup and the 3 day old pizza, get out from behind your computer, and experience real life.

You might find you actually like it. But bath first, put on some deodorant, and clean clothes if you have any. Then ask mommy for the car keys and go to your local bowling alley.

I'm sure you'll find plenty of people there at your level of sophistication.

It will certainly be better than you continuing to beat off on the internet or sucking your sister.

Mark

Guest zipperzone

>There is no better sign of the paucity of intellect or sense

>than the person who gets his jollies on the internet.

>Put down the piss cup and the 3 day old pizza, get out from

>behind your computer, and experience real life.

What a friggin' hoot! Too bad it can't take it's own advice.

Archived