DC Hotels

purplekow
This topic is 5822 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It seems I misread the dates of a convention and now find myself trying to make last minute reservations for a DC Hotel. All the large ones seem to be booked. Any boutique or lesser known hotels in the Dupont Circle area? Thanks for the help

Did you try the Palomar ? Hilton Embassy Row and Westin Embassy Row I would assume would be listed. Jury's is also right on the circle. If nothing available right at DuPont Circle look at one or two metro stops away- Farragut North and Metro Center heading towards Union Station, probably less choices heading the other way, Zoo and Cleveland Hgts I think. Anyway, if you are close to a red line metro stop a few stops away from where you want to be, you are literally minutes away

The Jury's on Dupont Circle is very good (but do not confuse it for the Jury's Normandy Inn-- quite a walk from the Circle and less nice). My favorite, however, is the Carlyle Suites. Hotel Topaz is good as well. Maybe one of these three will have availability.

Kevin Slater

>The Jury's on Dupont Circle is very good (but do not confuse

>it for the Jury's Normandy Inn-- quite a walk from the Circle

>and less nice). My favorite, however, is the Carlyle Suites.

>Hotel Topaz is good as well. Maybe one of these three will

>have availability.

>

>Kevin Slater

Jury's has my vote. Very few people know about it

Go to priceline.com and bid; Washington is a very good place to get very good prices. If you have not done it before, start by going to biddingfortravel.com and it explains all. You will probably be able to get one of the hotels listed above for $90 or less.

I would suggest any of the hotels listed by other posters. I've met up with several traveling guys at Jury's ;-) so it would get my top recommendation, the chain is based out of Ireland and has some very nice properties. It's also the only hotel right on Dupont Circle.

Carlyle Suites is nice Art Deco style, remodled a few years a go from a former residence hotel so some of the rooms have kitchenettes.

Topaz and Palomar are part of the Kimpton chain. Also part of the same chain would be Hotel Rogue, Hotel Madera, Hotel George, Hotel Helix and Hotel Monoco. Monoco is near the Verizon Center though so but technically closer to the DC Convention Center. The George and Helix are also close to the center. Kimpton is famous for dumping inventory on the online hotel sites so depending on your dates you can find a really good deal at any of them.

However, if your group is part of a city-wide convention then your colleagues may be taking up many of the really great options. x(

Also, just for the sake of your bearings, if you consider either the Marriott Wardman Park or the Omni Shoreham. They are located in Woodley Park and are a hike from Dupont Circle. You'd need to take cabs or Metro to Dupont or to the Convention Center. Parking in that area is a nightmare so I avoid it.

Good luck on your search. :-)

Thanks for the responses. Looks like it will be the Jury though Rouge had me intrigued, they did not have any availability. Could not really get anything on Priceline was up to 300 a night for 3 star and nothing.

I have never seen a purplekow;

I never hope to see one;

I can tell you anyhow;

I'd rather see than be one

Help there is a purplekow in my mirror

Archived