is there a safe way to get a massage right now?

starman05
This topic is 1320 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

We have all either read about or experienced masseurs who do NOT have the best personal hygiene, home cleanliness, professionalism, etc. Now imagine that their failing isn't just an inconvenience and fodder for a forum thread, but rather a pathway to make you sick with a life-threatening illness which you will also expose your friends and family to. Yes, we'd love to expect providers to keep their studios as clean as a hospital, but the fact is most are not educated in any type of protocols for cleanliness, and you are taking your life and the lives of others in your hand for that happy ending.

Well... I try to think positively until proven otherwise.

Basically every post here will have an "on the other hand" response.

Edited by longtime lurker

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 63 years old and I exercise every day--sometimes, twice a day, since the start of the pandemic. Haven't been to the gym; just using my own private equipment and riding my bike. My point is, something is sore all the time, and prior to this mess, I was receiving a massage every two weeks. My last one was February 2. Most if not all of the masseurs in my regular rotation are on hiatus until our numbers improve significantly. That's what inspires trust for me, not the ones who contact me describing all their safety protocols. So, my suggestions: Take long, hot baths; buy the vibrator; masturbate to massage videos!

My point is, something is sore all the time, and prior to this mess,

As a masseur I may be shooting my own foot by saying this, but we can rely too heavily on massages to bring us back to fighting shape. We need to stretch more. All of us. I don't mean 1 minute of stretching before or after an activity, but 20-30 minutes (or more) of stretching or yoga 2 or 3 times a week. Believe me I find stretching very boring. I much prefer to have someone else rub and stretch me. However, you will stay on top of, not just injuries, but general discomfort and malaise if you stretch properly and, just as importantly, regularly.

There are thousands of very good stretching and/or yoga youtube videos for all abilities.

Stay safe. Stay limber :)

Well... I try to think positively until proven otherwise. Likewise, I am sure not every doctor, nurse, dentist and hair stylist has the best personal hygiene, home cleanliness, professionalism, etc. either.

Basically every post here will have an "on the other hand" response.

You aren't going to the doctor's home for treatment, so your example is not relevant.

As a masseur I may be shooting my own foot by saying this, but we can rely too heavily on massages to bring us back to fighting shape. We need to stretch more. All of us. I don't mean 1 minute of stretching before or after an activity, but 20-30 minutes (or more) of stretching or yoga 2 or 3 times a week. Believe me I find stretching very boring. I much prefer to have someone else rub and stretch me. However, you will stay on top of, not just injuries, but general discomfort and malaise if you stretch properly and, just as importantly, regularly.

There are thousands of very good stretching and/or yoga youtube videos for all abilities.

Stay safe. Stay limber :)

Oh, yes! I forgot about that. Absolutely! I do stretch before and after exercise and then several times throughout the day--always at bedtime and upon waking up. It's been part of my salvation!

I used to think going out for a massage was a sad commentary on my need for intimacy.

Ha!

I'd kill to go back to my own life.

Is there a safe way to get a massage right now?

Massages used to be (still were until recently) a way to find intimacy if you were freaked out over AIDS/HIV.

I’ve had 3 since the start of this. I always ask them ahead of time if they wear a mask & I wear one too. And I’m still here :)