How do you approach the Trans community without offending them

Lchnsf
This topic is 1312 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is something about you that gay trans men like, and you specifically aren't into trans men. That's a tricky situation! A more general rejection is the polite way out. Preferences of race and genitalia are old-fashioned and unavoidably problematic.

Telling someone that genitals or skin color is the reason you don't find them attractive is the same thing as telling them its the reason they are unattractive. Trying to convince them its just YOUR preference still makes you look 1 of 2 ways: either you are obviously prejudiced and are willing to admit it to everyone but yourself, or you just don't know how to talk to people of different skin colors or genitals.

Referring to men you like as having the "working" or "right" parts implies that trans men have neither the right or working parts - or that they aren't men at all. I know what you meant when I read it, but its not something you should say to them or in a public forum. They are a gay man with a vagina. You are a gay men with a penis. You are no more manly than them because your were born with a penis and raised as a boy. We are men because we say we are and like to be thought of as men.

Language changes fast sometimes. But that's how language works. You either change with it or become a troll. Just because people don't think what they say is offensive doesn't make what they say any better. It makes you look like the oldest person at the family reunion who says things nobody else there would and you either call them out on it or let it slide or take their drink from them.

Just because something you say can seem and sound and feel prejudiced doesn't mean it is. But when people who suffer from the prejudice of others encounter the same language they've heard from their oppressors coming from someone within their community, should they really take it any other way?

Isn't that somewhat conflicting to how Caitlyn Jenner explained the difference between gender identity and sexual orientation?

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/life/a19973428/caitlyn-jenner-memoir-transgender-surgery/

There is something about you that gay trans men like, and you specifically aren't into trans men. That's a tricky situation! A more general rejection is the polite way out. Preferences of race and genitalia are old-fashioned and unavoidably problematic.

Telling someone that genitals or skin color is the reason you don't find them attractive is the same thing as telling them its the reason they are unattractive. Trying to convince them its just YOUR preference still makes you look 1 of 2 ways: either you are obviously prejudiced and are willing to admit it to everyone but yourself, or you just don't know how to talk to people of different skin colors or genitals.

Referring to men you like as having the "working" or "right" parts implies that trans men have neither the right or working parts - or that they aren't men at all. I know what you meant when I read it, but its not something you should say to them or in a public forum. They are a gay man with a vagina. You are a gay men with a penis. You are no more manly than them because your were born with a penis and raised as a boy. We are men because we say we are and like to be thought of as men.

Language changes fast sometimes. But that's how language works. You either change with it or become a troll. Just because people don't think what they say is offensive doesn't make what they say any better. It makes you look like the oldest person at the family reunion who says things nobody else there would and you either call them out on it or let it slide or take their drink from them.

Just because something you say can seem and sound and feel prejudiced doesn't mean it is. But when people who suffer from the prejudice of others encounter the same language they've heard from their oppressors coming from someone within their community, should they really take it any other way?

well put!

Isn't that somewhat conflicting to how Caitlyn Jenner explained the difference between gender identity and sexual orientation?

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/life/a19973428/caitlyn-jenner-memoir-transgender-surgery/

I feel like this article supports what I was saying. Caitlyn insists that her being a woman has nothing to do with her genitals when she says,

“Transitioning is about nothing else but your soul. You are no more a woman the day after [the surgery] than the day before, okay?”

I am a gay man attracted to gay men with all the right parts. Even among the gay community I definitely have a type. Now that the Trans community is mixing in I find I am getting approached often. When I have turned them down I have been accused of being racist and closed minded. My interest involves men with all the working parts. I have found Trans men rather aggressive in approaching me and they don’t take no for an answer. I wish to remain sensitive and my trans friends haven’t been helpful in how to respond. No should mean no.

Nothing wrong with saying "I'm not into you" in a polite way.

We all have been turned down and we have turned down others in our lifetimes.

I am a gay man attracted to gay men with all the right parts....

I'm just wondering if there are any of you who are tops who care about whether your man has "all the right parts." If a man's penis is small enough, I enjoy sucking it. Otherwise, I almost ignore it during intimate encounters. A huge cock is interesting to look at, but it's not as if it's going to help me get off better.

I'm just wondering if there are any of you who are tops who care about whether your man has "all the right parts." If a man's penis is small enough, I enjoy sucking it. Otherwise, I almost ignore it during intimate encounters. A huge cock is interesting to look at, but it's not as if it's going to help me get off better.

Your profile is locked?

1542253496114.jpg

Bodybuilder who's worked toward the goal of being the first transgender Mr. Olympia. He's amassed over 50,000 followers on Instagram and has secured management with Dream Talent in Glendale, California.

BIRTHDAY

March 8, 1997

BIRTHPLACE

Texas