I miss going to the bathhouses

Wolfer
This topic is 1358 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm from Europe where we've got some good bathhouses and they've been closed since early March. I used to go about once a month and didn't realize how much of a stress release they were for me. I was never on any apps because if I felt like getting sexy with someone I'd hit the bathhouse.

I got on Tinder and Grindr just to get some semblance of human (digital) interaction and in the hopes of finding a quarantine cuddle buddy (you know, after making sure we're both healthy we'd only cuddle each other) but those apps just feel like dumpster fires, hahaha. In a bathhouse you can just look at a guy and feel a connection (or not) and then just explore each other. On an app it feels like pulling teeth, herding cats, juggling cones and applying for a job all at the same time. By the time you finally agree on everything, all the sexy is just drained out of it.

I already deleted Grindr again and my Tinder profile is back to non-active. But I feel like I'm going insane. I don't even want sex that much at this point, I'm internally screaming just to be touched and have a deep, meaningful conversation.

I don't even want sex that much at this point, I'm internally screaming just to be touched and have a deep, meaningful conversation.

BOY! Do I hear you on this score. I was incredibly (unbelievably, actually) lucky enough to find (on Grindr) an almost ridiculously handsome (and much younger) cross between a FWB and sugar baby, and we've been quarantine cuddle buddies since JUST before the full realization of the pandemic hit. So it has now been several months of almost weekly multiple-day visits, which work because he is smart, charming, and a great conversationalist in addition to being sexy as hell. And I was just thinking last week that by now, it isn't just the sex (more like making love, actually), and maybe isn't really about the sex anymore, but, precisely as you say, the ability to touch and be touched, kiss and be kissed, and have good real conversation, not just chatter. I have most definitely fallen in love with him; the feeling is not (as far as I can tell) completely reciprocal ... but he is clearly fond of me, as he keeps coming back. For however long it lasts, it is one of the ONLY things helping me through this awful time. It certainly took me a while - learning about and learning to recognize the trolls, bots, and catfishers on both Grindr and Scruff - and it ultimately did hook me up with this wonderful young man. Don't give up, don't lower your standards, and best of luck to you.

BOY! Do I hear you on this score. I was incredibly (unbelievably, actually) lucky enough to find (on Grindr) an almost ridiculously handsome (and much younger) cross between a FWB and sugar baby, and we've been quarantine cuddle buddies since JUST before the full realization of the pandemic hit. So it has now been several months of almost weekly multiple-day visits, which work because he is smart, charming, and a great conversationalist in addition to being sexy as hell. And I was just thinking last week that by now, it isn't just the sex (more like making love, actually), and maybe isn't really about the sex anymore, but, precisely as you say, the ability to touch and be touched, kiss and be kissed, and have good real conversation, not just chatter. I have most definitely fallen in love with him; the feeling is not (as far as I can tell) completely reciprocal ... but he is clearly fond of me, as he keeps coming back. For however long it lasts, it is one of the ONLY things helping me through this awful time. It certainly took me a while - learning about and learning to recognize the trolls, bots, and catfishers on both Grindr and Scruff - and it ultimately did hook me up with this wonderful young man. Don't give up, don't lower your standards, and best of luck to you.

@shadowcatzxxx - wow- congrats to you for getting this set up. I think it is what many on here (like me!) dream of!

That's awesome! Have fun ;)