Hiring in a time of Corona

nickbe
This topic is 1398 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I doubt many will have the answer, but I’ll post the question anyway. I know the risk is there, but do you actually know of anyone who got COVID possibly from casual sexual contact? I’ve been very good and haven’t hired in months. My head is saying continue with sexual distancing but my other head is ready to release all this pent up energy. Thanks for reading.

I gave in and hired last weekend. Living alone and having very little social contact, I was hungry for human contact. Quite honestly, I would have pleased with just holding hands. (Fortunately, things didn't stop there.) For me it was more of a mental health decision rather than a physical need.

It's been seven days and I'm still symptom-free. I'll continue to pay extra attention to things the next week.

Even though one of my favorite hires is coming to town next weekend, I'm not hiring at all. It's really tough but I can't take the risk especially since he's coming from an area with high rate of spread and I live in an area that the virus under control mostly. Plus I refuse to get on public transportation right now.

I, too, was longing for some human contact, so I broke down and called someone I’ve always want to call - David-SF. He had an interesting response I noted in a previous thread. By using a home testing company, we were able to each test, FedEx the specimens to them, and get the results in 1-2 days. We agreed to quarantine until we had the results. I know it sounds like extra work, but it SO was worth it! Doing it again next month! (DM me if you are interested in the testing company’s name.)

No , I don’t know anyone who has but it’s a great question especially since things are not going to go back to normal for a looong while if ever so I think people should focus on getting tested and making sure anyone they are in close contact with whethere its for hiring or any intimacy at all, is tested and ideally has antibodies because otherwise people are gonna be waiting for at least another year or two before things settle with the COVID....and I just don’t know how realistic it is for human beings to wait that long for intimacy

I just came across a massage ad. The masseur noted that he was tested for the Covid antibodies, which came back positive. He claims to be safe from transmitting the disease since he has the antibodies. Thoughts here? I am still reluctant.

I just came across a massage ad. The masseur noted that he was tested for the Covid antibodies, which came back positive. He claims to be safe from transmitting the disease since he has the antibodies. Thoughts here? I am still reluctant.

My general practitioner told me not to waste any money or time on an antibody test given (a) the unreliability of the test (apparently false positives are a problem, one that might be mitigated by repeated tests), and (b) the current medical uncertainty over how long the antibodies provide protection. This is consistent with what I've read in reputable sources about the antibody tests. Assuming the masseur's representation is accurate, I would still give it little to no weight. But maybe one of the docs around these parts can weigh in with a more informed opinion than mine.

My general practitioner told me not to waste any money or time on an antibody test given (a) the unreliability of the test (apparently false positives are a problem, one that might be mitigated by repeated tests), and (b) the current medical uncertainty over how long the antibodies provide protection. This is consistent with what I've read in reputable sources about the antibody tests. Assuming the masseur's representation is accurate, I would still give it little to no weight. But maybe one of the docs around these parts can weigh in with a more informed opinion than mine.

Thanks!