Daniel Hazan in LA

TooSchoolForCool
This topic is 1401 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

There's a lot things that need parsing in his ad.

1. He says that he's Persian which may mean his family dissociates itself from the current Iranian regime. But then he lists himself as an Arab. I don't believe Persians are actually Arabs

2. His last name name is the English approximation of the Hebrew/Yiddish word for cantor.

3. He's wearing what looks to be a Star of David around his neck.

I'm thinking its very likely he comes from an Iranian Jewish Family.

Gman

1. He says that he's Persian which may mean his family dissociates itself from the current Iranian regime. But then he lists himself as an Arab. I don't believe Persians are actually Arabs

2. His last name name is the English approximation of the Hebrew/Yiddish word for cantor.

Gman

A few quibbles: both Persian and Arab are ethnicities, not religions. There are both Persian and Arab Jews and Christians, as well as Persian and Arab Muslims. Also, there has been a fair amount of cross-pollination of Arabs and Persians through the centuries as different groups ruled in the area encompassing Iran and the broader Middle East. There are plenty of people who are of both Persian and Arabic descent, although it's more common for them to identify themselves as one or the other rather than as a mix of the two (much the same as many people of mixed race in the U.S. identify as one or the other -- you will find many Black folks who say if you're at all Black, you're Black in this country because you will be treated as such and it will impact your life as such).

A few quibbles: both Persian and Arab are ethnicities, not religions. There are both Persian and Arab Jews and Christians, as well as Persian and Arab Muslims.

There's no need to quibble. While I didn't explicitly say it, I am obviously in whole-hearted agreement with this viewpoint as I said in my post that he is very likely from an Iranian Jewish family. If Mr. Hazzan and I had the same background, I could have said he was of an American Jewish family (or Dutch Jewish, Polish Jewish, or German Jewish as I am all 4 of these ). In no way did I imply that being Iranian or Arabic (or if talking about me-American, Dutch, Polish, or German ) was itself a religion which would preclude him (or me) from being Jewish.

Also, there has been a fair amount of cross-pollination of Arabs and Persians through the centuries as different groups ruled in the area encompassing Iran and the broader Middle East. There are plenty of people who are of both Persian and Arabic descent, although it's more common for them to identify themselves as one or the other rather than as a mix of the two (much the same as many people of mixed race in the U.S. identify as one or the other -- you will find many Black folks who say if you're at all Black, you're Black in this country because you will be treated as such and it will impact your life as such).

This is also true and a good point. As evidence of the cross pollination, the country of Persia was not originally Islamic. But in my admittedly limited experience, the people I've known with Iranian antecedents have described themselves as Iranians (or Persians) and not Arabs.

Gman

Edited by Gar1eth

Gman

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSCTXGN0-FyPLfUjGFhdGj1jSRalsIRVeFVXQ&usqp=CAU

From the one video In his ad it appears he can take two fists up his bottom ?

Edit: well the text of his ad it says he’s a fisting top. Maybe he’s not the bottom in the video

MikeBiDude and RodHagen understand the OP. Everyone else seems to think the OP was in a quandary about how to raise the children that will result from a single encounter...