Baseball: Opening Day Observations

Lucky
This topic is 1377 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I sort of vaguely remember my dad taking

me to weekend baseball games when the Boston Braves were still on the East Coast before Milwaukee. Probably saw Mays, Musial. Absolutely saw Ted Williams, Mantle and Maris in 1960/1961.

Don't have great memories of playing in the Little League though. The field was very close to the elementary school. Too close during the Summer. I was baseball out by the end of the World Series.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The St. Louis Milwaukee game today is cancelled.

According to St. Louis Post Dispatch, the Cardinals are considering adding some players at Springfield, Missoula to the major roster to play two games on Sunday with the Brewers.

Desperate, or wise?

Generally, St. Louis is definitely an old school franchise with more World Series titles than any team except the New York Yankees.

Mets player Yoenis Cespedes did not show up for work today. He later announced that he had decided to opt out this season. The player did not bother to inform the team beforehand. His contract with the Mets ends this season, so essentially he is now an ex-Met.

Cespedes did have a shitty day on Saturday, when he went 0-4 and struck out twice.

More St. Louis Cardinals players and staff have tested positive. At the moment, the Cardinal-Tigers series has been cancelled and the Field of Dreams Cards White Sox game on Thursday. Is cancelled.

That leaves the St. Louis Chicago Cubs game on Friday which is still scheduled

Added: seven players & six staff members of the Cardinals.

Now Major League Baseball may decide if the Cardinals are essential or not for the 2020 season.

The Pittsburgh St. Louis games on Monday through Wednesday are cancelled.

Next scheduled games: two games St. Louis at Detroit on Thursday. By then the Cards will have played a baseball game in two weeks

Edited by WilliamM

I have been trying to leave space for @wklukas to post in this thread, but since has yet to do so, may I take this moment to lament that the Mets-Yankees Subway Series this weekend is in jeopardy? Coronavirus has hit the Mets, and tonight's game has been postponed. Now I will have to spend more time here than watching the game.