Anyone tried http://www.grandeespa.com/

This topic is 1295 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

On RM as “Hero”.

https://rentmasseur.com/Hero

I find this very interesting as well as the pictures. "Hero" looks like the guy who was featured on Hero Spa's old website before they closed up shop. Does this Hero work at this new Grandee spa or from his own apt? Does he pick you up from the street and carry you and then tie you up? Notice the key buzz words in his add . . . "Do other things" and the importance of "prostate" relaxation. Ummm . . . Certainly sounds inviting but I leave it to my fellow forum buddies to do some sleuthing for us to get the real deal.

Guest fm0322

Here's my best recollection. Hero Spa (location I don't recall) closed after some "issues". The owner of Hero purchased Manta and renamed it "New Hero". My last contact with them was a session at "New Hero". They had "issues" too and I don't know the outcome other than the masseur I saw there left. Now, it's Grandee Spa. Definitely the same location as Manta-New Hero. I am eager to hear some feedback although not sure I'm ready to take one for the team

Here's my best recollection. Hero Spa (location I don't recall) closed after some "issues". The owner of Hero purchased Manta and renamed it "New Hero". My last contact with them was a session at "New Hero". They had "issues" too and I don't know the outcome other than the masseur I saw there left. Now, it's Grandee Spa. Definitely the same location as Manta-New Hero. I am eager to hear some feedback although not sure I'm ready to take one for the team

I'm gonna take one for the team and try it out, I'll definitely report back though.

Guest fm0322

I'm gonna take one for the team and try it out, I'll definitely report back though.

I am eager to hear your experience. I went to Manta a few times and New Hero many times. The space it tired but the owner of New Hero worked hard to make some changes. I hope you have a good experience.

Okay, I went. I had some reservations because of how they present the spa on their website, on Rentmasseur, and possibly here. But I was sore and tired from walking all day, and this place was close by and the price made it worth taking the chance.

I'll compare it with other spas at the same price point: Utopia and the original Greenhouse. I have not been to the new version of Greenhouse, either version of Hero, or Manta. The decor was new and everything seemed clean; tables and coverings were basic. There was lots of hand sanitizer and staff wore masks. I felt safe (except when leaving ... the lower stairway was dark).

My masseur was Terry, who was friendly and energetic. His strokes were strong, but repetitive (almost boring); still, my legs and back feel great.

Would I return? It depends on additional feedback.

Guest fm0322

Okay, I went. I had some reservations because of how they present the spa on their website, on Rentmasseur, and possibly here. But I was sore and tired from walking all day, and this place was close by and the price made it worth taking the chance.

I'll compare it with other spas at the same price point: Utopia and the original Greenhouse. I have not been to the new version of Greenhouse, either version of Hero, or Manta. The decor was new and everything seemed clean; tables and coverings were basic. There was lots of hand sanitizer and staff wore masks. I felt safe (except when leaving ... the lower stairway was dark).

My masseur was Terry, who was friendly and energetic. His strokes were strong, but repetitive (almost boring); still, my legs and back feel great.

Would I return? It depends on additional feedback.

Thanks @bbbb35 Glad to hear your experience was okay. I may try them again even though my regular there is gone.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What kind of “issues” I’m totally in the dark

They had a visit from the police. Allegedly for prostitution but I heard that third hand. I don’t know if there were arrests but they closed New Hero and were resurrected as the present spa.