Metropolitan Opera Live Concerts Series

Karl-G
This topic is 1256 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The Metropolitan Opera has cancelled all performances until at least January 1. To respond to music lovers' demands, the Met will be presenting twelve live concerts with its brightest stars in a streaming format, once every two weeks, on a Saturday afternoon at 1:00, and charging $20.00 each. The recital will remain up for ten days, so you are not limited to that one time, and you can listen and watch as often as you like. Each recital will take place in some dramatic venue without live audience. The first performance, by Jonas Kaufmann, was last Saturday and is still available. The next will be August 1 with Renee Fleming from the Dumbarton Oaks Museum in Washington, D.C. This is the full planned schedule:

August 1: Renée Fleming, from the Dumbarton Oaks Museum in Washington, D.C.

August 16: Roberto Alagna and Aleksandra Kurzak, from the Château de la Chèvre d’Or in Èze, France

August 29: Lise Davidsen, from the Oscarshall Palace in Oslo, Norway

September 12: Joyce DiDonato, from the Fundació Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau in Barcelona, Spain

September 26: Sondra Radvanovsky and Piotr Beczała, from Barcelona

October 10: Anna Netrebko, from Liechtenstein Palace in Vienna, Austria

October 24: Diana Damrau and Joseph Calleja, from Malta (castle location TBD)

Nov 7: Pretty Yende and Javier Camarena, from Zurich, Switzerland (location TBD)

Nov 21: Sonya Yoncheva, from Berlin, Germany (location TBD)

December 12: Bryn Terfel, from Wales (church location TBD)

December 19: Angel Blue, from New York City (location TBD)

• 3 months later...

Akhnaten from the Met! fabulously theatrica!! Stayed up too late but I couldn’t stop.

Made me check out Glass’s THE PERFECT AMERICAN on AllArts - really interesting and strong performances, (Teatro Real in 2012) and in hindsight of American branding in general, it’s pretty brilliant. Surprise of the show: The impossibly sexy Zachary James as the original animatronic Mr Lincoln (which I actually saw in Flushing Meadow in ‘64) was a striking dramatic scene,