Young Men Embrace Makeup

Lucky
This topic is 1378 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

In my early 20s, one summer while on a beach vacation I bleached my naturally dark brown hair. When I returned to work, one of my senior colleagues, a very formal German gentleman in his 60s (he always wore a suit and smoked his cigarette in a holder), stared at me sternly, and then said, "Mr. ____, did you bleach your hair?" "Why, yes," I replied with a smile. He hesitated a moment, then said, "It's very becoming."

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started a moisturizer routine many years ago and even several providers have started using it. Most mornings I apply a little M.A.C. bronzing toner in the cup of my hand and then squirt some Kiehl’s 35 SPF face moisturizer and then rub it all together before applying it to my face. In the warm weather I also use the Kiehl’s on my arms. For many years I’ve used different products for the area around my eyes, most recently a La Mer product. I’ve never used any make up since I’ve been blessed with good skin, but wouldn’t be averse to it. I’ve also turned some companions on to Tom’s of Maine fragrance-free deodorant and Malin + Goetz eucalyptus roll-on. I often give them a little gift bag.

You're spot-on about the Tom's Of Maine fragrance-free deodorant- a provider in Phoenix allowed me to use his when I failed to pack my own during a visit, and I've never gone back to any other brand since.

I didn't know he made a deodorant. I like his toothpaste.