American Airlines - We Don’t Care

Liam
This topic is 1422 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When did I ever say that I got a stimulus check? And I’ve been at home, following stay at home rules since March... haven’t been to any bars and would never get a tattoo... you make a lot of AS Sumptions, many of which are inaccurate....

It’s easier to argue against a straw man.

Do you argue this way because corporations are people? Because I didn’t know that corporations “need” to spend their money on “forms of enjoyment.” How exactly does a corporation “enjoy” something?

Your comment would’ve been a lot palatable and constructive had you stopped before beginning with “if.”

Go look in your 401k or brokerage statement if you have one. Corporations are owned by people and people like to spend their money on “forms of enjoyment”. But personally, I’m OK if we give the airlines and cruise companies NOTHING. Let the chips fall, let equilibrium reestablish itself, let investors loose it all (families and investors), and let’s stop rewarding risk taking. It’s politIcians who reward risk taking with last resort safety nets. Let’s give companies the freedom to fail and people the freedom to go to bars and get sick. I’m personally OK with small government and personal freedom and responsibility.

When did I ever say that I got a stimulus check? And I’ve been at home, following stay at home rules since March... haven’t been to any bars and would never get a tattoo... you make a lot of AS Sumptions, many of which are inaccurate....

Just so there’s no ASSumptions, I didn’t get a stimulus check, did you?

I also would never get a tattoo, but alas, I see expensive and elaborate ones on people who are working three jobs to make ends meet, should they have gotten a stimulus check or should we have told them to sell the tattoos (just like I’d be expected to sell my art (or car collection) if I ran upon tough times)

It’s politIcians who reward risk taking* with last resort safety nets.

*By business

The USA has one of the worst (inefficient) social safety nets of the first world. The fact this pandemic is raging the way it is through our country right now is a testament to our failed promise to protect the general welfare our people, to say nothing of securing the blessings of liberty. Politicians care little-to-nothing about actually getting things done that benefit the people. I will give the Right credit there; at least they are candid about only caring about business and push “personal responsibility” as the reason a social net isn’t in the government’s interest – even though it’s part of the opening words of the all-so sacred Constitution.

(just like I’d be expected to sell my art (or car collection) if I ran upon tough times)

Ahhh,

This statement alone now explains the totality of your existence, and explains just about all of your posts. Now that I understand that you are a wealthy, entitled, self-serving, elitist, who (ever since that silver spoon was taken out of your ass), hasn’t truly earned a damn thing a day in your life.

Yet, these “poor” people who are getting stimulus checks, seem to humor you, since they’ve spent what little they may have , on something they may like.

I’m sure you’ve never made the connection to their poverty, with people like yourself’s manipulation, exploitation, and downright abuse of these people through the companies you run, the taxes you evade, the politicians you pay off, and the stock markets you manipulate from the inside out.

Well understand this Mr. WASP, if there is a hell, you won’t be able to sell your art and car collection in exchange for freedom from there.

This topic is 1422 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.