I Wasn't Drug Seeking Dammit-I Had A Broken Rib!!

Gar1eth
This topic is 1409 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I’m sorry you were in pain, but broken rib or not, you’re still better off without the narcotics.

Trust me.

How do you suggest people with multiple fractured ribs can go back to work without medication? Or just begin to resume normal every day Life? I was able to attend the US Open Tennis Tournament as planned, but with medication and a friend drove, I did not.

Edited by WilliamM

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At my hospital, we have regular visitors to the ER who come in with a litany of pain complaints in order to procure a prescription. Some have gotten very proficient in this so as to get admitted to the hospital and have a regular supply of narcotics.

Thanks for your perspective. I have a friend who's gone to the ER a couple times with what she describes as crippling back pain. One hospital remained thoroughly skeptical and wouldn't give her anything (whereas the same ER showered me in pain meds for appendicitis). Second time at a different hospital, she got some temporary pain meds which helped her a lot.

In her case, I don't think she's a junkie, but I guess there are enough of them, that ER's can have serious burnout on believing anyone. Anyway, I was always a little confused why she didn't get more help when she needed it.