Does semen contain Covid-19?

This topic is 1413 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

...just did a google/bing check about ten minutes ago and was amazed by the number of articles that prevail in regards to COVID-19 and sex. Most of the articles state or relay the following: "The guidelines continue to emphasize that "you are your safest sex partner." With that said repeatedly in various and sundry ways, I now conclude that I, unfortunately, will NOT be meeting and feeling and tasting any man for a while. ...hope I can hold out that long and that my "BIG" brain will supersede the smaller one.

I am in no way considered a medical professional but based on my logic: What difference does a semen make if you already make out (or exchange bodily fluids of some sort) and stay in extremely close proximity with another person?

From what I read in other threads, some members are looking into masked encounters and glory holes.

The potential area of interest in this debate is whether the virus persists in other bodily fluids when it is no longer being shed into the respiratory tract. If it is, and it can be detected in semen, the question then is whether it is active intact viruses or only inert viruses or virus fragments that cannot cause infection. From this sort of discussion, it is possible that sex may involve exposure to the virus that other forms of close contact and making out do not, but if so we don't know whether that exposure carries a risk of infection.