Is it ok to walk away without paying if your masseur looks nothing like his ad

Kregger50
This topic is 1448 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I would run away and wouldn't look back if it made me think that this was false advertising. But when you're really lean it doesn't take much to ruin your physique, and I really don't expect anyone who looks like a bodybuilder to be in peak shape year round. But don't let that excuse the fact that if his ad has pictures of his best physique, then he should be at least close to what you see in his pics! If his pics have abs and you see a beer belly, run away! :D

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the only time I have given money to someone where there was an aborted session was when there was a misunderstanding. One time in particular I recall because the massage started with the provider fully clothed and then he started listing the various "add ons with additional charges" I could get. I definitely felt hustled, but since I hadn't been entirely explicit with him when setting up the appointment I really didn't have the ability to claim that he was changing the terms of our agreement. I gave him a nominal amount of money to leave.

Most of the time, however, I give nothing. If someone is radically different looking in person than in the ad, I simply say that to the guy who opens the door and I leave. I have had a couple of guys try to argue with me as I walked away, but no one has chased after me (yet). I don't believe in paying dishonest people, particularly when I am the one who wasted my time getting ready for the session and going to them.

If the guy who answers is at least close to what I expected, I proceed with the session. True, sometimes it isn't obvious that a guy has put on a bit of weight until his clothes are off and it can be disappointing to find a bit of a paunch when you expected a flat stomach, but it isn't like I am completely unattracted to guys who carry a little extra weight.

Had appointment last night with a guy from rentmen. His ad showed a pretty stunning physique.

When I got to his place he opened the door topless. He still looked good, but not nearly as good as in his ad.

I felt too bad to leave even though I was disappointed and got an ok massage.

Would I have been wrong to have left immediately without paying?

Same has happened to me, but turned out to not even look like his pics. I turned around and walked away.

In this age of COVID I would not be too surprised if someone looked a little more doughy than their photos. I've seen quite a few guys lately that don't totally match what they have on line. In most cases they were guys just coming off an injury that weren't spending as much time in the gym. I still have a good time anyway.

Guest CA562DUDE

I always have an 'escape route' to get out hotel or apartment building if the guy is a fraud. One chased me after I told him 'this won't work'.

OMG THATS CRAZY !!!!!

Guest CA562DUDE

I always have an 'escape route' to get out hotel or apartment building if the guy is a fraud. One chased me after I told him 'this won't work'.

OMG THATS CRAZY !!!!!

Had appointment last night with a guy from rentmen. His ad showed a pretty stunning physique.

When I got to his place he opened the door topless. He still looked good, but not nearly as good as in his ad.

I felt too bad to leave even though I was disappointed and got an ok massage.

Would I have been wrong to have left immediately without paying?

Hell yes!!!!

A quick “this isn’t going to work”, and then I beeline for the exit.

I’ll forgive 5-10 lbs., but more than that or any attempt to hustle

me (e.g. “I get paid upfront”) ends in an immediate dismissal.

Too many fish in the sea to put up with that kind of crap.

I‘ve had a few stunned faces, the rare angry frown, and the

occasional bitchy follow up text, but that’s all.

They know they’re being deceitful and they know the drill. Trust me.

They know they’re being deceitful

This! In these cases the provider is at fault for misrepresenting themselves then they turn on the client for calling them on it. All of us have every right to walk away from ANY situation that makes you feel uncomfortable. Don't reward deceit.

I think the baseline here is- if you are feel unhappy, unsafe, uninterested or whatever you have agency to say no. He opens the door and looks unlike the photos, that's a subtle warning that other things might be off. You get a feeling that tells you something is sketchy? Listen to it. Many people who become victims of crimes say "I had a bad feeling but I ignored it". Don't. If someone misrepresents themselves online, or tries in some way to trick you, that's not a situation you should stay in.

OMG THATS CRAZY !!!!!

Lol. I just imagined both running half naked through the corridors.