Maria Callas

Karl-G

Two concerts by Maria Callas from Paris in 1958 and 1965 are being streamed by medici.tv tonight. She was at her height and glory at the time. The sound is quite good, and her jewels are amazing. "Una voce poca fa" is delicious. She was my first love in opera, and I played her "Carmen" over and over.

Hope @whipped guy sees this.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/27/2020 at 6:15 PM, Karl-G said:

Two concerts by Maria Callas from Paris in 1958 and 1965 are being streamed by medici.tv tonight. She was at her height and glory at the time. The sound is quite good, and her jewels are amazing. "Una voce poca fa" is delicious. She was my first love in opera, and I played her "Carmen" over and over.

Thank you for sharing this. A great artist indeed. I should add however that by 1965 she was in very bad shape. 1958 was pretty good although some said her decline had already started then. 

Edited by musclestuduws

On 11/10/2022 at 8:06 AM, Italiano said:

That’s right. Hopefully this will be good. Larrain is a cinematic genius and understands the plight of famous women like no other male director before. I thought “Spencer” was brilliant. I have my reservations about Jolie but I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt.