Ben Platt Live From Radio City Music Hall : NETFLIX

This topic is 1467 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I became a fan of Ben Platt’s when I saw his Tony winning performance in Dear Evan Hansen. Since then I’ve been following his career.

When I heard his 2019 concert at Radio City was being aired on Netflix, I couldn’t wait to see it.

His album got a lot of attention as some were calling it his coming out album. He wrote the lyrics to all his songs. They tell of struggles & happiness he’s had in his life.

The concert is good. I’ll leave it up to the fashion critics to describe his odd attire. He did look a bit awkward dancing and there were no special effects which we think of when attending a concert.

Ben told his story of how he came out to his parents. He was 12 at the time. It was funny & his parents were most accepting. They & his siblings are often shown at the concert.

I don’t know if any of his songs made the charts as I don’t hear them being played on the radio. He does have a Pandora station where you can listen to his music.

He puts his heart & soul into his singing, the same way he did playing Evan Hansen.

If you’re a fan of his you’ll enjoy his concert.

Sorry for being just plain stupid but I saw Ben Platt singing with two other gentlemen in some other forum. One of the guys looked very much like him the second not really. Was there a Platt Brothers act at one time or what was going on at the time? He has a great voice.

There are a couple of videos of the Ben Platt singing with his brothers Jonah & Henry on YouTube. I think Jonah and Ben look a lot like brothers and Henry, not as much. They all have terrific voices that blend beautifully. Both Jonah and Ben have been on Broadway, as Jonah played Fiyero in "Wicked" for a while. There are also videos of Ben and Jonah singing together and Ben and Henry singing together. All three sang together recently on the televised 2020 Graduation Special. If you're interested, just go to YouTube and search "Platt Brothers singing".

He's talented, but I don't know if that vocal talent will make him an adult-contemporary music star. However, I do think that Ryan Murphy is doing a bang-up job of making him a reliable, multifaceted screen actor.

Platt is well-known in a niche and he's got a very specific sound. Having seen him perform live pre-Evan, it's interesting to notice that he's picked up some 'tics' from his Evan character in this Netflix concert.