Food - Cauliflower Au Gratin recipe(s)?

Guest ncm2169

This topic is 5357 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest ncm2169

Does anyone have a good cauliflower au gratin recipe? I had an awesome one, but I lost it. x(

I'd really appreciate any recipe you could provide (I need it for tomorrow night - Wednesday, 1/30).

Thanks in advance! :-) :-)

This isn't exactly an Au Gratin recipe but it is fantastic.

Reinforced Cauliflower

Ingredients:

2 lbs. Cauliflower, separated into flowerets and sliced

1/4 cup Butter

Kosher Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper to taste

1 cup Whole Milk

1 cup Whipping Cream

3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, freshly ground

Italian Style Bread Crumbs

Paprika

Method:

Heat the butter in a saucepan and add the cauliflower, kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour in the milk and cook on low heat stirring gently from tine to time for ten (10) minutes. Add the cream and the Parmesan cheese and cook for a few minutes more until the cooking liquid thickens slightly. Place the cauliflower minture in an au gratin dish. Sprinkle bread crumbs over the cauliflower and garnish with paprika. Place under the broiler and brown. Serve at once.

Hope this helps.

P.S. If this isn't what you are looking for try Googleing "Cauliflower Au Gratin" and I'm sure several recipes will come up.

Guest Wetnwildbear

1 Head of Cauliflower - Partially Steamed and Drained well

1 Jar of Ronzoni 3 Cheese Jarred Sauce

2tbsps of Buttered Bread Crumbs

1 Tsp Chopped Parsley

Break the drained cauliflower into delightful sized pieces

place into a casserole dish - Cover in the Cheese sauce

top with butter breadcrumbs

Bake at 350 for 40 minutes until the Cauliflower is tender and there is a nice bubbly brown edge to the cheese - let cool sprinkle with parsley

Your guest will think you spent ages making and stirring the white sauce/grating the cheeses and stirring to the perfect consistency and taste.

Use the time you saved stirring and grating to do your nails/stroke out a pre-dinner load/have a martini/ etc

MOST IMPORTANTLY - HIDE THE EMPTY BOTTLE IN THE OUTSIDE TRASHCAN

I used to make my sauce from scratch - But I was cooking for a party of about 60ppl and just ran out of time - bought the jarred and have never made scratch cheese sauce for au gratin again!

I use this for vegetables and potatoes and my guests rave about the flavor and ask for the recipe. And I put out a Fabulous Spread!

(And my food ain't bad either!)

> 1 Jar of Ronzoni 3 Cheese Jarred Sauce

Ooh! Never heard of it! I'll have to look for that, and not just for Au Gratin.

I still start with a white sauce and often rush the cheese just a little too much ending up with an oily mess. Not pretty.

Thanks, bear!

Guest ncm2169

It's amazing how much "mass-produced" food is only available in certain parts of the country. I have never heard of this:

1 Jar of Ronzoni 3 Cheese Jarred Sauce

Any suggestions as to where to buy it? :)

Guest Wetnwildbear

>It's amazing how much "mass-produced" food is only

>available in certain parts of the country. I have never heard

>of this:

>

>1 Jar of Ronzoni 3 Cheese Jarred Sauce

>

>Any suggestions as to where to buy it? :)

I usually buy this at Genuardi's ( A Safeway Affilliate) or at

SuperFresh (Related to A&P Foods) Hope that helps!