Gay themed online movies for the Social Distance era.

Alfstoria
This topic is 1226 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, @Alfstoria. I was able to watch "End of the Century," a movie I had my eye on for a while (because I follow one of the actors on Twitter). It's confusing as hell at first because the movie shifts from present-day to 20 years ago, without the slightest change in the actors' appearance, then back, again, without warning.

Two gay men hook up in Barcelona, only to realize they had hooked up 20 years before. Their meeting 20 years ago had a much greater impact on one more so than the other.

A bit slow at the beginning and confusing as hell until you figure out the time shifts, but a damn good movie. Both leads are gorgeous. I have a big ol' crush on the Spanish redhead, but the brunette Argentine is hella attractive as well, and with an accent that could melt butter.

The UK film Maurice with Hugh Grant, James Wilby and Rupert Graves has to be up there. The movie was being broadcast on cable late at night. Made special effort to stay up late and watch alone :) Ah, memories! Even today, it stands as a very authentic depiction of romance, not just the hanky panky. No other movies made after or recently comes close.

Of note are the scenes

- in the British Museum and afterwards, then

- when Maurice goes to the harbour to see off Scudder and when Scudder does not show up and

- then of course, the final scene when the lovers are united ("We shall never be parted, it's finished" as Scudder holds Maurice tightly). How it set aflame the heart of a shy, introverted, gay lonely teenager!

P.S. Dunno if appropriate for the Social Distance Era :-) Please excuse if not exactly appropriate.

• 7 months later...

Josh O'Connor who plays Prince Charles in "The Crown", plays a gay farmer in "God's own country", a 2017 English film. Lots of gay sex, quite explicit at times. I liked the film, I rented it on AppleTV. Josh is married to a woman though :(

I viewed "God's own country" a couple of years back and liked it very much for its sensitivity, warmth, beauty, and depth.

• 4 weeks later...

I viewed "God's own country" a couple of years back and liked it very much for its sensitivity, warmth, beauty, and depth.

Saw this a few weeks ago and cannot get it out of my head. So beautiful. I cried my eyes out a few times throughout. Josh and Alec are such great actors and very open and vulnerable in the film, considering they're both straight. They're also super yummy.