New Guys - Skip or Try?

rjk2429
This topic is 1532 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

What's the consensus on trying out somebody that has limited/no reviews or is new to a site? On the one hand, it sends up a little red flag (are they for real or scamming). On the other hand, they have to start somewhere and someone's gotta give them a shot. Is it worth taking a chance?

What's the consensus on trying out somebody that has limited/no reviews or is new to a site? On the one hand, it sends up a little red flag (are they for real or scamming). On the other hand, they have to start somewhere and someone's gotta give them a shot. Is it worth taking a chance?

Of course it's a bit of a lottery but I've hired 4 guys who had no reviews but were offering what I was looking for & had recent pics. 2 had no face pics but willingly forwarded them on enquiry. I'm happy to say I had a great time with all of them & was pleased to be able to post glowing reviews which they thoroughly deserved. As you say they all have to start somewhere.

I guess it's a case of 'you pays her money & takes yer choice.'

Yes, you pays yer money...…" However, it is more than "a bit" of a lottery; I usually refer to it as a crap shoot. There are so many well-reviewed guys out there, and this message forum is SUCH a good source of information that it really foolish to take a chance on a $150 massage. I suppose it depends on how you react to disappointment, and how much you want to spend your money wisely -- or how much money you have for this.

All you have to do is to read these threads, and you will see how many scam artists and bullshitters there are out there, just waiting to take your money.

Caveat emptor!!!

As long as you can get a general sense that they're real, I think the adventure it worth it more often than not.

I agree; part of the excitement of getting a massage from a new guy is the anticipation of where it will lead...is this strictly therapeutic? will it end happily? will there be mutual touch? even will he rim me! I've had good experiences, by and large, with traveling guys, and it does provide that adventure

When i see new guys - the first thing I do is check out who wrote the review. Sometimes review written by someone i recognize as making other reviews - thus I get a sense of what they liked before and this ads creditability. If it someone never reviewing before I also take that into account.

I agree - if there is interest and no obvious red flags, give it a try. I'd say I've had better than 60/40 experience with the positives outweighing the negatives - and some of the positives were really outstanding guys. One thing I've learned is always start out with 60 min - 1) you never know if they will short you on time or if it is just a rub-n-tug, 2) you can always ask for more if you're enjoying, and 3) you've limited your financial exposure if its a dud - and you'll feel better after for not wasting the extra $$$. Also, if's its really a dud and you know early on - listen to your big head and leave. It may be awkward, but you'll thank yourself once you are out the door.