oscars 2020

Smurof
This topic is 1556 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I made a full day of it - love everything from the brunch coverage to the after-party stuff. My faves and not :

Red Carpet - most stylish were Billy Porter and Billie Eilish.

Biggest Shocker - "Parasite" winning best director. Best film wasn't a surprise due to the momentum it was carrying.

Favorite cute-sy intro to an award - Will Farrell and Julia Louie-Dreyfus for director of Cinematography, pretending to not understand what that is.

Most disappointing visual - Spike Lee's reaction to announcing Bong Joon-Ho winning. The L.A. riots were 27 years ago, and it's depressing that African-American and Korean relations appear to not make much progress. Would I see the same kind of reaction if (hypothetical situation) Bernie Sanders were to announce DJ Khaled as a winner of a best song? Then I gave it a little more thought, and Bernie would simply look unhappy and confused no matter who the winner was.

Most surprising speech message - Joaquin Phoenix talking of the horrors of what it's like to be a cow. I heard he's not a vegetarian, so really it's no different than a guitar player singing about saving the trees.

Favorite power of influence moment - Tom Hanks in the front row of the audience, leading the charge to give the best picture winners more time to speak when the house lights crudely cut the group off. All in all, a great entertaining morning and evening. P.S. I know it was simply a Saturday Night Live joke, but I truly believe a Dwayne Johnson / Tom Hanks ticket would DESTROY the Trump / Pence one with ease.

Loved:

- Laura Dern winning :')

- Phoenix's speech ?

- The Koreans taking best director & picture ?

Hated:

Pitt & Zellwegger winning.

Joe Pesci & ScarJo or Charlize should've won. Pesci still has the best winning speech ever.

I would have thought the actress in Harriet would have won. Just saw the clip she really needs to stop with the face surgery/enhacement she is going back squinty eyes Zellwegger.

I made a full day of it - love everything from the brunch coverage to the after-party stuff. My faves and not :

Red Carpet - most stylish were Billy Porter and Billie Eilish.

Biggest Shocker - "Parasite" winning best director. Best film wasn't a surprise due to the momentum it was carrying.

Favorite cute-sy intro to an award - Will Farrell and Julia Louie-Dreyfus for director of Cinematography, pretending to not understand what that is.

Most disappointing visual - Spike Lee's reaction to announcing Bong Joon-Ho winning. The L.A. riots were 27 years ago, and it's depressing that African-American and Korean relations appear to not make much progress. Would I see the same kind of reaction if (hypothetical situation) Bernie Sanders were to announce DJ Khaled as a winner of a best song? Then I gave it a little more thought, and Bernie would simply look unhappy and confused no matter who the winner was.

Most surprising speech message - Joaquin Phoenix talking of the horrors of what it's like to be a cow. I heard he's not a vegetarian, so really it's no different than a guitar player singing about saving the trees.

Favorite power of influence moment - Tom Hanks in the front row of the audience, leading the charge to give the best picture winners more time to speak when the house lights crudely cut the group off. All in all, a great entertaining morning and evening. P.S. I know it was simply a Saturday Night Live joke, but I truly believe a Dwayne Johnson / Tom Hanks ticket would DESTROY the Trump / Pence one with ease.

What type of reaction were you expecting Spike Lee to have? He didn't give any type of ugly or disappointing face it looked to me that he had a just his regular facial expression when announcing the winer.

Did Timmy Chalemet's mother dress him and think he was going on a service call? He looked silly and sad. No girl would want to be seen with him.

Au Contraire, he is Hollywood's IT boy , a major heartthrob and very in Demand. His fashion is consistent with a new generation

changing the rules. Did you see what Billy Eilish had on ? No more monkey suits and ball-gowns for todays youth.

Loved Diane Keaton presenting together with Keanu Reeves. She is a treasure.

Joachim Phoenix had an unusual childhood and seems to have carried on with following a unique path. Kudos to him. He's trying, and admits his flaws.

Joachims attraction for me is that he seems "authentic" and really means what he says, and follows his passions. Although his acceptance was long and rambling, it was touching. In contrast to Renee Z's who was also long, but unfocused and pointless and seemed pandering and forced.

Au Contraire, he is Hollywood's IT boy , a major heartthrob and very in Demand. His fashion is consistent with a new generation

changing the rules. Did you see what Billy Eilish had on ? No more monkey suits and ball-gowns for todays youth.

I LOVE Billie Eilish.

T. Chalamet has always worn modern designer duds. I thought he looked more conservative than usual last night. "Elio" is dressing more like a man now vs. a teen

Joachims attraction for me is that he seems "authentic" and really means what he says, and follows his passions. Although his acceptance was long and rambling, it was touching. In contrast to Renee Z's who was also long, but unfocused and pointless and seemed pandering and forced.

Everything about her is forced, including her acting.