Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake

foxy
This topic is 1559 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm looking forward to seeing this on Saturday. I saw it years ago and loved it. After that performance the cast was by the exit doors collecting for Broadway Cares. For a $20 donation you got a bit of fluff from the swan's costumes. I don't know what I did with it but a nice perk for a good cause. If you've never seen this version of Swan Lake I highly recommend it. The hottest swans you're ever going to see.

As expected this production was thrilling. Every time I see it I am left in awe. The choreography, the cast, the sets and the costumes make this a spectacular production. The audience loved it and there were repeated curtain bows.

The lead dancers are on a rotation schedule. I saw Tom Broderick, as the Prince and Matthew Ball, as the Swan. Both were absolutely terrific! Also worth mentioning are Katrinia Lyndon, as the Girlfriend, in a funny and almost steal-stealing performance, and Nicole Kabera, as the cold and distant Queen. The supporting cast of dancers are wonderful

As a tale of homo-erotic love, this show hits the mark. The young Prince is besotted with the Swan/Stranger and his fantasies are realized in dramatic and thrilling dance sequences.

The cast works hard. The swans (all gorgeously buff and muscular) are drenched in sweat by the end of the performance.

It was another great evening of Matthew Bourne's genius.

I am seriously thinking of getting another ticket.

After Saturday’s performance I may have been drenched in sweat also. Happy I had a 7th row orchestra seat. Worth every penny. Those swans are possibly the most erotic dancers I’ve ever seen on stage. Brilliant on every level. Definitely worth seeing again. Where’s my credit card?

Agreed! Sadly, I had a box seat so I didn't get to see the beads of sweat. Next time, it's a front row orchestra seat for me!

After Saturday’s performance I may have been drenched in sweat also. Happy I had a 7th row orchestra seat. Worth every penny. Those swans are possibly the most erotic dancers I’ve ever seen on stage. Brilliant on every level. Definitely worth seeing again. Where’s my credit card?

Agreed! Sadly, I had a box seat so I didn't get to see the beads of sweat. Next time, it's a front row orchestra seat for me!