C L A S S (For description, you must see within...)

tristanbaldwin
This topic is 1538 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

By the way, a doctor in DC that I know/just had a conversation with from half a world away...said that the majority of these masks might be slowing the spread of this Virus, but not truly doing anything. He described a specific type of isolation mask that would actually work, but said that the majority of other masks were doing jack shit. Terrific. =(

This morning there’s a big sign on the front door of the Watson’s pharmacy downstairs in our building in Kuala Lumpur: “Masks sold out”.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This morning there’s a big sign on the front door of the Watson’s pharmacy downstairs in our building in Kuala Lumpur: “Masks sold out”.

I was at a local Walmart in a Dallas suburb. I was looking in their pharmacy section for a box of masks. I didn't see any. The pharmacist working said they had just stocked 60 boxes on the shelf a day or two before, and they were already sold out.

Gman

I was at a local Walmart in a Dallas suburb. I was looking in their pharmacy section for a box of masks. I didn't see any. The pharmacist working said they had just stocked 60 boxes on the shelf a day or two before, and they were already sold out.

Gman

Gman

Most Amazon search results show masks as Currently Unavailable

Gman

Most Amazon search results show masks as Currently Unavailable

By the way, a doctor in DC that I know/just had a conversation with from half a world away...said that the majority of these masks might be slowing the spread of this Virus, but not truly doing anything. He described a specific type of isolation mask that would actually work, but said that the majority of other masks were doing jack shit. Terrific. =(

I heard the same thing on NPR in Boston from a doctor. They basic masks can't be worn for too long because they trap the bad air in your breathing space.

I heard the same thing on NPR in Boston from a doctor. They basic masks can't be worn for too long because they trap the bad air in your breathing space.

I have known Dane for years (luckily) and am always delighted in the time that I can spend with him. At the same time, I think it is pretty damn classy for you, Mr. T, to give a nod to him as you did. Then again we have all come to expect that of you. Please take care and take whatever precautions you have to. Zhùfú nǐ shēntǐ jiànkāng. Peace, TBT. (Rick)

Here's a piece of possibly optimistic news: of the 241 reported cases CDC is currently investigating, 121 are pending, 114 were NEGATIVE for 2019-nCoV, and only six were positive. They're in California, Arizona, Illinois, and Washington State. There's a reasonable chance that some of those cases are more run of the mill influenza. And while the 2-3% fatality rate they're seeing in China is troubling, it certainly isn't the 10%, 15%, and 20% rates that some of the worst epidemics have produced.

What can anyone say? Hand washing, hand washing, hand washing, use hand sanitizer by the bucket, and don't share utensils, cups, etc. And good luck.

I was with TB just a few hours before his flight, I left privately worried BUT showing that serves no purpose :rolleyes:

Trust me I EASILY could've been the chick on the train platform waving the hanky as the guy goes off to war, but I man'd up lol. And we all know nothing can happen to TB you could drop him in a volcano and he'll find a way to climb out. (AND meet a fan along the climb who'll help) I've no doubt he'll be fine:cool:

Most airlines are concentrating on China at the moment. US airlines seem to be holding off on full-scale cancellations.

I'm heading to Seoul in a week, but thankfully it's a NS to/from DFW.

Delta and American have both suspended flights to mainland China. American is still flying to Hong Kong.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/31/travel/travel-coronavirus-airlines.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Delta and American have both suspended flights to mainland China. American is still flying to Hong Kong.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/31/travel/travel-coronavirus-airlines.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

And from sources I have inside of AA, Pilots and FAs are beginning to refuse to fly the remaining China routes. Their union is supporting the action and it will eventually force the hand of AA to suspend the HKG routes.

• 2 weeks later...