LOL - It always amuses me when a NOVICE appears

HornyRetiree
This topic is 1573 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Everybody was new here once....

Good point. That being said, some members, new and old, practice common courtesy and decency while others do not.

...It takes time to learn the conventions here. ...

Marking old posts as "disliked" is the sign of being a true asshole, and I don't mean the type I like to eat. "Don't be an asshole" is a pretty universal convention.

...Sure, I'd prefer that people lurk for a bit rather than post while they learn, but...

To me, a new member who posts using common courtesy, common sense, and the same type of self-restraint one would use in any venue, online or offline, does all of us a service.

...mocking new members is a sure way to discourage new blood.

I'm going to guess the new member in question "disliked" a slew of old posts made by the OP, based on the title and first sentence of the OP's post. While naming the new member in question might not have been the best move, I wouldn't call it mocking him. The OP called out someone for their bad behavior.

Mocking Old members aint that cool either ! ;);)

Exactly!