Documentary Dilemma

TylerandAce
This topic is 1593 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm late to this discussion, but I think the hive mind has confirmed your initial gut feeling that it would not be a good idea. The list of answers to the question, 'What could possibly go wrong?' is not short anywhere, but I suspect longer in a conservative community. To the suggestion that there might be an answer other than a straight yes or no, I disagree. HBO makes films so the choice is binary. The calculus might be different if your story was being sought for a PBS radio documentary or a print piece, but those formats are not on offer, at least not now.

I'm late to this discussion, but I think the hive mind has confirmed your initial gut feeling that it would not be a good idea. The list of answers to the question, 'What could possibly go wrong?' is not short anywhere, but I suspect longer in a conservative community. To the suggestion that there might be an answer other than a straight yes or no, I disagree. HBO makes films so the choice is binary. The calculus might be different if your story was being sought for a PBS radio documentary or a print piece, but those formats are not on offer, at least not now.

Exactly right. The format would demand different involvement. HBO would be going after some drama and entertainment

It looks like you've made up your mind. Personally, I would get HBO to watch it! But I think you are risking too much with your kids. There is too much potential for the secret side to come out. That could, for some people, taint the good you intend to do.

you’re right, of course! We’ll be happy to give you the version of what they were going to shoot...without the drag! Rofl