Imus in the mourning

purplekow
This topic is 1589 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Radio personality and cutting edge radio broadcaster, Don Imus has passed away at 79 years old. I remember listening to Imus in the Morning when commuting to my medical school rotations, He was outrageous and topical and very funny. His direct heir, Howard Stern, took many a page from the Imus playbook and twisted them into a more juvenile and and overtly sexual direction. For a time, both Imus and Stern were on the same radio station in NYC. Imus had the coveted AM drive time slot and Stern the evening drive slot. Stern eventually became more controversial anymore popular, pushing Imus or perhaps pulling him down the same juvenile, puerile path. Eventually, Imus created quite a local controversy regarding the Rutgers' College Women's basketball team and racial remarks he made about the appearance of the team members. This played a small role in Imus leaving that station,

I always preferred Imus. He did start a yearly charitable radio drive to raise money for the homeless which has grown quite large.

Though I have not heard his show in years, I was saddened when I learned of his passing.

Radio personality and cutting edge radio broadcaster, Don Imus has passed away at 79 years old. I remember listening to Imus in the Morning when commuting to my medical school rotations, He was outrageous and topical and very funny. His direct heir, Howard Stern, took many a page from the Imus playbook and twisted them into a more juvenile and and overtly sexual direction. For a time, both Imus and Stern were on the same radio station in NYC. Imus had the coveted AM drive time slot and Stern the evening drive slot. Stern eventually became more controversial anymore popular, pushing Imus or perhaps pulling him down the same juvenile, puerile path. Eventually, Imus created quite a local controversy regarding the Rutgers' College Women's basketball team and racial remarks he made about the appearance of the team members. This played a small role in Imus leaving that station,

I always preferred Imus. He did start a yearly charitable radio drive to raise money for the homeless which has grown quite large.

Though I have not heard his show in years, I was saddened when I learned of his passing.

I wasn’t a fan but I remember his show having lived in NYC. Saddened to hear he passed away. Rip...

I greatly prefer Don Imus to Howard Stern. And I liked Stern early on - a lot, when he was available iweek days in New York and Philadelphia