Viennese Waltz - This makes me sounds like that girl from Clueless

HeyandHello
This topic is 1612 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Inspired by an exchange with a forum member, I decided to post this here to get some input from the members of this forum as to the general feasibility and sanity of this fetish/idea. I just wanted an affectionate encounter with an overnight in which we began with a dinner and I taught him how to waltz (both lead and be led). Realistically speaking, though, I don't know if:

1) the man in question would have the patience

2) if he would be good enough fast enough to viennese waltz properly to the sound of Lanner's Die Schönbrunner.

Yes, I know I sound like I am a bowl of sugared whipped cream and vanilla syrup. And yes, I am saying that deep down we all would like to feel like a Disney princess at least once.

How many of the members here (both providers and others) know the viennese waltz? Just out of curiosity.

I learnt it eons ago, probably remember enough to make my way round the floor.

I really enjoy slow-dancing with a male partner. I don't care much about which kind of dance, but one in which we make "a vertical expression of a horizontal desire", as the old-time chaperones used to say. Dancing cheek-to-cheek, etc. Very dreamy if I have the younger man dressed in flimsy lingerie, maybe iwth heels, at the same time--but only a masculine lad will do for me!

I know the Viennese Walz, but only as the lead. It is fun! Tango intrigues me. I should learn it. I read somewhere it was originally designed as a dance for 2 men, but that could be fiction.

No, it’s true. It was the dance between toughs down at the pier, where no woman would go. You can find modern male couples dancing the tango @ YouTube—but they’re all very soave and have been for decades.

• 3 weeks later...
Inspired by an exchange with a forum member, I decided to post this here to get some input from the members of this forum as to the general feasibility and sanity of this fetish/idea. I just wanted an affectionate encounter with an overnight in which we began with a dinner and I taught him how to waltz (both lead and be led). Realistically speaking, though, I don't know if:

1) the man in question would have the patience

2) if he would be good enough fast enough to viennese waltz properly to the sound of Lanner's Die Schönbrunner.

Yes, I know I sound like I am a bowl of sugared whipped cream and vanilla syrup. And yes, I am saying that deep down we all would like to feel like a Disney princess at least once.

How many of the members here (both providers and others) know the viennese waltz? Just out of curiosity.

I must be blind, I did not see a link - how about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1AkeBpyDsY

No, it’s true. It was the dance between toughs down at the pier, where no woman would go. You can find modern male couples dancing the tango @ YouTube—but they’re all very soave and have been for decades.

I'm a huge fan of queer tango, have been for years. If you type "queer tango" into a YouTube search, tons of great routines pop up. This is one of my favorites:

Many years ago, when I lived in Germany, it was common for guys to waltz in the gay bars during carnival season (Fasching). The first time I walked into a bar and saw male couples turning tight little circles around the dance floor to Strauss waltzes, I was enchanted. I learned to follow but not to lead. Haven't done it since.

Here in San Francisco, there used to be a great place called the Metronome Ballroom, where they had same-sex tango classes. It's funny how things change. The idea of separate same-sex dance classes now seems quaint.

Fetish/idea means either one. But thank you for your wrong observation. Now run along. My apologies to the OP for canolli 888's mistake.

PS there is a gay men's tango club in NYC that I heard is well attended. There may be one for Waltz's as well.

Does being rude make you feel important when you write nonsense on an anonymous internet site?

The first video I posted was more of a modern-day queer tango number. Here is a more old-school routine, closer to the dance's origins that @Tangogent mentions, a couple of tough guys duking it out on the dance floor. By the way, one of the dancers Fernando Gracia (the slightly shorter of the two) is a former world tango champion. When you see the ease with which he executes the complicated footwork and tricky lifts, you can totally see how this guy is a world champion.

Does being rude make you feel important when you write nonsense on an anonymous internet site?

I'm not sure why you reacted to my first comment the way you did. Your sarcastic covert passive aggressive response is typical of gay bullying. When it was met with equal force to nip it in the bud you cried fowl and made me the bad guy. A couple of times I was corrected by a member of the grammar police. He is well known on this site and has done it to several other members. I started correcting him and he didn't like it and called fowl. Guess what happened. He stopped. So since this is not nonsense but something endemic in the gay community it is important.