Golden Rule...

Guy Fawkes
This topic is 1659 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Literally for centuries the golden rule: "Do onto others as you would have them do onto you!" as been around. I try to live my life by that rule. In the last few weeks or so I've come across several instances of people that seem to believe differently. I'm asking myself, why should I continue to be a resource for these people?

I understand your feelings. There have been times in my life when people have pushed me past my breaking point and I have responded in kind, and while it gave me a fleeting sense of satisfaction, I ultimately felt I had let myself down by becoming one of them. For me, it's an emotional catch-22.

Guest Calix_K

May I ask, in what context are you noticing this; is it more interpersonal or an everyday observation (ie in public, on the street, etc)?

As far as everyday occurrences, it is most definitely noticed by those who try to follow that rule. Riding the subway in Toronto will give you a great taste of that, sadly. But you may be referring to something more personal. Care to elaborate?

Literally for centuries the golden rule: "Do onto others as you would have them do onto you!" as been around. I try to live my life by that rule. In the last few weeks or so I've come across several instances of people that seem to believe differently. I'm asking myself, why should I continue to be a resource for these people?

I too believe in, and apply, the golden rule. But keep in mind the silver rule: To thine own self be true! Said another way - don't confuse my kindness for weakness. ;)

DKQrjaZW4AIMaWj.jpg