The only disability in life is a bad attitude

ArmyHands
This topic is 1699 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Its simply "you like WHAT you like"

There’s a REASON WHY you like what you like.... and that source of that reasoning is the elephant in the room that no one wants to address.

These both ring true for me.

Gentleman, enjoying your spirited back and forth as well as this insightful thread.

Growing up in suburban white America in a racist Italian-Catholic family forced me to reckon first with my own racism before my sexuality and coming out. Here later in life, I go to certain spas because I prefer non-white masseurs and my last three long term relationships were with Indian, African American and Asian men. While I can truly state that I’m more attracted to, as my friends say, “a certain type”, it’s not totally untrue when my brother says “you just want mom and dad to roll in their graves.” The human sub-psyche is a complex place.

Edited by EVdude

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LeonTrotsky
But is not simply “you like what you like”....

There’s a REASON WHY you like what you like.... and that source of that reasoning is the elephant in the room that no one wants to address.

let me give it a go....

the "myth of the autonomous self"

the fallacy that "choice" is immune from social forces.

These both ring true for me.

Gentleman, enjoying your spirited back and forth as well as this insightful thread.

Growing up in suburban white America in a racist Italian-Catholic family forced me to reckon first with my own racism before my sexuality and coming out. Here later in life, I go to certain spas because I prefer non-white masseurs and my last three long term relationships were with Indian, African American and Asian men. While I can truly state that I’m more attracted to, as my friends say, “a certain type”, it’s not totally untrue when my brother says “you just want mom and dad to roll in their graves.” The human sub-psyche is a complex place.

I commend you for making such an honest, candid and up-front post. ??☺️