Hide.me VPN changes?

adventurous old guy
This topic is 1714 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hi there. I've been using the hide.me free proxy VPN to view comments left by RM reviewers that are blocked in the US. Its worked like a charm until last weekend, and now doesn't. Wondering if there's some new trick to using that I've missed? Or an alternative?

I was away for over 10 days and have since returned to my desktop IMac. For the past three days, I've used the site without encountering any difficulties. I just hope when I go to the site today (8.28.19) that I'll have to take back the preceding words. :):)

Sometimes it works for me. Sometimes it doesn't. I use it on my iPhone. I find I often have more luck using it with the Opera Browser.

Gman

Thx G, silly me -- hadn't thought to change browsers. Just got it to work on Chrome too. Had been using Safari -- may be a Mac update issue there.

Edited by adventurous old guy

i have been using hide.me for along time on both IE and Chrome on my desktop. Last two days I get errors, something like Oops something went wrong. Anything else I should try?

I am having the same problem now, in both Chrome and IE. It worked in Chrome until a couple of days ago, but now I get the same error you do.

I was away for over 10 days and have since returned to my desktop IMac. For the past three days, I've used the site without encountering any difficulties. I just hope when I go to the site today (8.28.19) that I'll have to take back the preceding words. :):)

Unfortunately, it is NOT WORKING for me today (8.31.19) either. ...will try later!

Still not working for me. PC using Windows 10. Tried in Edge, Firefox, and Chrome. I could never get it to work in Firefox (it would relentless ask me to click the acknowledgment button) but it worked fine in Chrome until a few days ago.

Maybe it would help those of us for whom HideMe stopped working to hear from those for whom it still works what your computer configuration is. Mac or PC compatible, which browser, etc.

Thank you. I feel silly that it didn't occur to me to try rent.men versus rentmen.eu, but when I did I was finally able to get it to work in Chrome again.

I usually can't get the vpn to work with rent.men, but usually have not problem with rentmen.eu.

Yes, and via Safari, which wasn't working last week.

All these different posts with different complaints about Hide - VPN.

Quite simply, the site is temperamental. It often does not work correctly depending on how and when you access the site.

The nice thing is that even though it does not work all of the time, it works most of the times we try to use it.

Solution - - - when it does not work, try a different browser or wait a while until it gets over its temporary tizzy.

Patience is a virtue.