Grindr ... awkward

RealAvalon
This topic is 1710 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 1 month later...

The taps from thousands of miles away are usuall bots. They hack the location function so it's not working properly. Often you will look at them 10 minutes later and the distance has changed some impossible amount.

But there is also a function to look at profiles in another city, so it could be a real person who will be visiting and using that.

But it's probably a bot trying to get you to follow an outside link to a pay website or some malware that will take over your phone, so in general block and move on.

The taps from thousands of miles away are usuall bots. They hack the location function so it's not working properly. Often you will look at them 10 minutes later and the distance has changed some impossible amount.

But there is also a function to look at profiles in another city, so it could be a real person who will be visiting and using that.

But it's probably a bot trying to get you to follow an outside link to a pay website or some malware that will take over your phone, so in general block and move on.

@jeezopete they're bots unless they say they're using "Grindr explorer" and therefore "canvassing" for a trip to your town in the future.

If you’re a paying Grindr user you can turn off “show me in explorer searches”....that will help but won’t stop the bots.

Ok...I guess that all leads to another question: Who among you are paid Grindr users?

As I mentioned, it's new to me so I'm wondering if the $19.99 a month for "xtra" is worth it? I can't imagine I'd pay the $39.99 a month for "unlimited".

I pay for “extra”...3 months at a time I can’t remember the (small) discount for that?

Advantages...allow more filters like only showing who is online now, not limits to 50 profiles, show read receipts, no Ads!! Many more options pop up in setup.

The “online now” filter is worth the price alone.